Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 512 total)
  • Oops! Someone best phone social services….
  • Tom_W1987
    Free Member
    daftvader
    Free Member

I can see that molgrips but it seems, in STW stylee, to have been blown out of the water to moral outrage land! still suppose I shouldnt be surprised by this. Please think of the kittens faces as they eat the baby robins whilst deciding what tyres for going to McDonald’s 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I can see that molgrips but it seems, in STW stylee, to have been blown out of the water to moral outrage land! still suppose I shouldnt be surprised by this.

I reckon a quick survey if the thread would show there’s as many if not more who, not only are not outraged but are determined not to be.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Tom there are a number of problems with your cited research but the main one being it is about vegetarians and not vegans and your comment was about vegans not vegetarians
    Jesus your shit at this aren’t you
    Imagine not even being able to troll well, that is beyond tragic

PS it also says

IS THERE A REAL CAUSE FOR CONCERN?
    As noted above, a well-planned and carefully followed vegetarian diet can satisfy the nutrient requirements for infants and children, and thus cause no real concern

it is not hard to find poorly meat etaters and/or their children either

It is almost as if the main thing is eating well not whethe ryou eat meat or dont 💡

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jesus your shit at this arent you

He can’t even flounce FFS.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think he might this time 😆

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I can’t help myself, but Junkyard, I don’t really give a damn as veganism has more nutritional issues than vegetarianism anyway.

daftvader
    Free Member

DD… outrageous!!! 😆

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

and thus cause no real concern

Diplomatic and/or badly edited considering the rest of the paper.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

this is why it is better to threaten a flounce….it is much harder to successfully flounce than most people imagine.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

:mrgreen:

Damnit.

Also, sorry Junkyard if I insulted you earlier. I felt a bit trolly tonight, no excuse really but I hope you accept it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I just ate duck.

It tasted lovely. No real addition to the thread, I know, but it’s better than the nit picking copy and paste monotony that it’s doubtlessly going to descend in to!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I feel as if I killed this threads buzz, so now…I really do….100 percent flounce.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Cpt I liked it more when you at least tried to engage. So free will- any limits or any responsibilities when a child just wants to do something ? Go on give it a go before you duck out / duck off

LHS
    Free Member

Lol that this thread is still going AND some of the crud being spouted. There is absolutely no evidence of a vegan or vegetarian diets being bad for you or for children. We are pre-dispositioned to obtain all of our necessary nutrients, vitamins and minerals from vegetables, fruit and grains.

When it comes to this I will go on experience and all our kids have been raised vegetarian, all 4 of them had crazy good immune systems growing up, were in the 95% for height and extremely fit and active. My two sons still do ultra marathons with me, all on veggie diet.

As a balance, my two daughters are now fish and occasional meat eaters and are just as healthy as they eat quality sourced ingredients, not crap at fast food joints.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No real addition to the thread, I know

Well, it is a post from you, so no surprise there really.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

tom, im sorry, but the science in that article is just bunk. parts like –

Total protein in vegetable-based foods is lower than in animal sources; plant protein is less digestible than animal protein; and many vegetable proteins are deficient in one or more essential amino acids

is just absolute bull mate. ill let you find you’re own source but the protein myth may be a good google search for you

once again, i eat meat, but for pleasure. to do do for health is simply ill informed

bob_summers

Jonah, you’re wasting your breath mate. He’s over on amazon buying a copy of Veganomicon.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

i eat meat, but for pleasure.

Are we at a point in the thread where I can say “Hello Sailor, fancy a drink?” 😉

binners

Blimey! 9 pages? 😯

I haven’t read read the last couple of pages, so has…

A) anyone mentioned Hitler?
    B) is it all thatchers fault?

I suppose I should have just gone to Gregg’s and got her a cheese and onion pasty. Steak bake for the girls, obviously. Even vegans love Gregg’s, surely?

kcr
    Free Member

I had a McDonalds burger once, about 30 years ago, and I still vividly remember how disappointing it was. A tasteless, textureless bun with what seemed like a tiny burger in it.
    Compared to a good fish supper, it was very poor fare, and I’ve never been tempted to repeat the experience.

rhbrhb
    Free Member

^^ If you think a cheese & onion pasty is ok for a vegan diet then think again.

Tiger6791

Oi, Junky!

You coming camping in 2 weeks?

I’ll bring some Pepperami for the boys 😀

Cougar

McD used to pre fry in cow and then re fry in veg oil and claim they were veggie

They did in the US, fairly certain that McD’s fries in the UK have always been veggie.

it would appear vegans often don’t follow an appropriate diet.

Hardly the exclusive domain of vegans though, is it. All the omnivores are the very picture of health of course, well, aside from the obesity epidemic.

I’ll speak as someone who actually went through this as a kid. Me and my sister were forced to follow my mothers beliefs as kids, both religion and diet.

School, party’s and play dates were always being spoiled be embarrassing situations around food. It really was awful watching all your friends being the same and you being the odd one out.

Thankfully for me, my dad didn’t follow my mothers beliefs and when I was around 8 she caved in and allowed me and my sister to choose. That was unquestionably the best decision she made for us as kids.

I can’t describe how happy it made us, we were now ‘normal’ again, just like all our friends.

Our relationship with my mum would definitely have been worse now if she had continued to force her beliefs on us and not given us the choice at such a young age.

If you are forcing your kids to follow your beliefs, be aware that they might not be having as good a time as they make you believe. Me and my sister still hold some resentment over what we were forced to follow as kids, thankfully, we got to choose.

Please give your kids a choice.

Junkyard
    Free Member

fairly certain that McD’s fries in the UK have always been veggie

well they say they have but they said that in the US as well

No fair cop i was wrong as i thought they did it here.
    Sorry

I’ll bring some Pepperami for the boys

Euphemism 😉

Struggling as its a Bday weekend so still sat on the fence but should know soon – not me holding it up mind.

Dont disagree re kids choosing but mine are still young 8 & 7 so at the “coeerced ” [possibly] stage rather than forced/parents deciding. Neither want to be anything other than vegan at present but i would still call it less than free will.

binners

You can’t have Gregg’s cheese and onion pasties?!!!!!

FFS?!!! What kind of sub-human misery are these people enduring? Is it like some uber-catholic sect, circa 1648? 😯

I hope the bloody cheese and the onions appreciate your efforts!

sargey

Two sundays ago some jehovahs witnesses knocked on our door and tryed to engage in conversation.
    Mom ,dad and two year old son in a suit.

Mom and dad looked happy though…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Cheesy in more than one way there binners

rhbrhb
    Free Member

^^^ I can have cheese and onion pasties (had one Monday at Roes Plaice in Rhyl, think it had potato in too).

molgrips
    Free Member

I think it’s probably somewhat more difficult to get a balanced nutritious vegan diet, more so than a traditional one. If most vegan parents are careful conscientious menu planners then some are surely not and think it’s ok to just eat raw veg or whatever. So lack of education might account for some statistical discrepancy in the two populations.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

more so than a traditional one

can i ask what proportion of a traditional diet meat should makes up?
    tbh i guess what im really asking is what is ‘traditional’?

molgrips
    Free Member

Traditional:

cereal/toast/eggs/juice for breakfast
    sandwich/soup/salad for lunch
    meat+veg/pasta/curry/stew etc for dinner

That might not be a perfect diet but because it would be considered ‘normal’ it’s easy to acheive without knowing much and without thinking about it.

If you’re a vegan in the West there’s not really a traditional well known menu to fall back to – you have to do your research and learn what you need to eat to make up for the animal protein you’re missing. Don’t you?

bob_summers

You’re not missing out on animal protein. You only need to ensure you get the amino acids your body doesn’t produce itself. However, this would only be a problem if you obtain protein from only one source. A reasonably balanced diet should ensure a vegan gets all of them, but like you mention above, education plays a big part.

When I first became vegan aged 18 or so, I got a cook book and took a bit of care about it. A friend did the same but lived above a chippy and existed on chips and mushy peas. He went thin and a strange colour, not surprisingly.

Junkyard
    Free Member

you could eat all that tbh except the eggs and meat
    Protein is not a huge issue as you just eats beans /pulses/nuts etc
    http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Vegetarianhealth/Pages/Vegandiets.aspx
    Iron, Calcium and B12

molgrips
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure it’s not hard, but you need to make an effort rather than just stop eating the meat, eggs and dairy. I’m certainly not anti veganism, except on grounds of taste (to my shame)

Junkyard
    Free Member

You get used to the blandness 😉

You just get used to eating different stuff I guess
    Possibly more variety of ingredients than a meat eater??? but the last meat eater I shared with was student days so probably not reflective of what you eat molly.

I eat lots of soups, rice dishes including paella and rissotto, lots of stir fry, curries, soup , stews loads of fruit including juices but i like those so choice. I also make cakes and drop scones [ thick pancakes] including chocolate chip ones twice a week ish so not a uber health freak but I do eat well

I own a chip pan as well though as I am proper northern so chips to often as well as other fried stuff like my bhajis and pakoras and poppadoms …less healthy but yummy.

user-removed
    Free Member

10 farking pages. Ten. I’ve been following this, on and off, for most of today. I have a vested interest. My parents were both omnivores (normals) until my dad went super-vegan at the ripe old age of 42.

We went to his mate’s 40th birthday party, in the middle of the East Lothian woods. As a nine year old unicycling outcast, amongst perhaps 200 vegan weirdos, all skinny-dipping, I held my own. For the first day.

Woke up ravenously hungry, got introduced to the vegan breakfast table, changed my mind. Lunchtime was no better – by teatime, I was ready to kill a baby robin and BBQ its little body. Then: joy of joys – a huge chocolate cake was placed in the middle of the table. After a polite wait for the plankton and seaweed to be cleared, I went in.

It was **** carob icing on gluten-free sponge. Tasted like dead dust. Imagine lifting the sofa, sweeping your arm round and swallowing the catch. Tasted just like that. Looked like naked vegan-flesh.

My wife’s a veggie, my wee boy has meat for his well-being.

Carob, been there, done that. Imagine being a 6 year old kid experiencing your first Easters with kids getting snickers, mars bar, milky way or malteser Easter eggs and you getting, carob.

I’d imagine 99% of people here haven’t had carob. Try it.

I undoubtedly come across abrupt in this matter, but, I’ve lived it.

How many of you, forcing your children to follow your current beliefs, were forced through that in your childhood?.

You may think you know better, but you don’t.

Also, how many of you vegan etc. folk, follow the new age medicine route?. I suffered severe migraines as a child and instead of seeing a doctor, I traveled 25 miles each way to a new age healer. He would ‘massage my head’ and then send us home with ‘treatment pills’ (sugar pills).

The pain I went through from that, now knowing it could have been severely reduced, is just another reason I hate religious/fanatical beliefs.

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 512 total)

The topic ‘Oops! Someone best phone social services….’ is closed to new replies.