Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • oops… (snapped frame content)
  • petesam
    Free Member

so:

…that’s a bummer. Thought it might be happy viewing for people who could enjoy the last five miles of their ride today, on their bike and not by foot.

need a new frame i guess. Trying to think of good steel XC frames (for 100mm forks) that i might be able to find on the Bay or otherwise. Cove Handjob and Charge Duster spring to mind. Any other thoughts?

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Get a cromag and be done with it. 😛

Or an evil. 😛

thwang-01
    Free Member

on one

timbur
    Free Member

eBay it. Loads of life left in that frame yet :O)

Kinesis or Genesis might be worth eBaying for.

petesam
    Free Member

ha ha, no doubt i’d be able to convince someone that it was just a bit of “normal wear, maybe a respray needed, but would build into a lovely classic fixie… probably get more than i paid for it!

aye, cheers for the suggestions folks, i’ll get on the bay. quite fancy an orange P7 too – got that big truss on the head-tube/down-tube junction that would stop this from happening!

Lummox

Rock lobster 853 might be a nice replacement?

DT78
    Free Member

Love my duster – does that help? I’d look at genesis cores as well.

That snappage looks really nasty, were you running longer forks?

As for a trail repair, I’ve seen someone who managed to wedge a bit of wood between the broken tubes. Worked enough to get home slowly

steve_b77
    Free Member

A Cove handjob would be a fine replacement

RealMan
    Free Member

Howd you do that?

Xylene
    Free Member

What size was that Wanga?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Cove Handjob… 8)

Great bit of kit, you won’t be dissapointed..

petesam
    Free Member

ha ha, no i was running 100mm forks. did have a bit of a bail earlier, but didn’t notice anything and carried on for 45 minutes with no problems (and some pretty sketchy fast rocky downhills too 😕 ) until it just went all weird and squelchy on me while i was going uphill – got to be the first frame that snapped going uphill! Though I imagine it must have got the beginnings of a crack when I bailed earlier…meh

Tied an inner-tube around it for a while but that didn’t do a lot of good…

petesam
    Free Member

ooh. pink…hmmm, found a couple of nice (white) ones on the bay that look like they’ll go for £170-£200 range. probably reasonable… do everything, go everywhere bike? suit me nicely. not sure about pink though 😕

was a 19″ frame – now a bit shorter reach, and a bit less slack head-tube angle!

epicyclo

Wangas seem prone to fractures.

Wookster

Bfe??? Loving mine at the moment!

mattp
    Free Member

another non carbon frame in failure shocker!

stanley

I cracked my Wanga in a big crash, was gutted as I loved that frame.
    Anyway, replaced it with a Cove Handjob. Like the Cove even more but I did have to get new forks too. Mine is an 07 model, so can have up to a 130mm fork. All wrong with a 100mm but 120mm is just right. Think the older ones would be ok with a 100mm fork though.

Tom83

Atleast it cracked going up hill i guess!

Bfe??? Loving mine at the moment!

I’ve got a Bfe frame for sale on here at the moment, could do you a nice price to get you riding again sooner if you want!

petefromearth

that’s a bummer, dude
    seems a strange place for it to fail – does the wall thickness change around that bit?

shortcut

It looks wangared to me!

Cougar

I reckon that’ll buff out.

brant
    Free Member

does the wall thickness change around that bit?

yes.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘oops… (snapped frame content)’ is closed to new replies.