• This topic has 29 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Oops. Bought a Transition Throttle
  • DezB
    Free Member

Not often you find your dream bike local on the Facebook Market… Demoed one of these a couple of years ago, absolutely loved it, but out of my price range at the time. Happened to be looking on FB and next thing, I’m driving to the seller’s house and bank transfer is done.
    Thing looks completely unridden. Superb spec. XO 12 spd, Crossmax wheels, not sure about tan wall Marys, but hey ho. New dropper ordered cos this one is so short my knees hit my arms, can’t ride it properly til that arrives.

(ps. garden care is for losers!)

argee

All that saving on fence paint has paid dividends, nice bike 😁

DezB
    Free Member

👍

johnw1984
    Free Member

Nice find that!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Well jel. Would love one of those!

onewheelgood

That’s lovely.

danmac
    Free Member

I think the tan walls go nicely with the yellow 😏 Great find! Looks lush

DezB
    Free Member

Cheers!
    Back brake hose is stupidly long – can Sram hoses be shortened without bleeding?

jree
    Free Member

I had my eye on that! If i wasn’t moving house I’d have gone for it! Hope it’s as good as it looks mate.

honourablegeorge

Same as any brake, you might get away with no bleed. Pump the pads in, cut, fit olive and barb, reattach hose, and push pads back out. Might be fine.

Lovely bike, BTW. Not sure about tanwalls either.

funkmasterp

That looks great. Is it the same one that was also on PinkBike? Seems like a good bike that was pretty much ignored at the time along with the Vanquish due to the RRP. Even on sale the frame only was/is pricey.

joebristol

Cheers!
    Back brake hose is stupidly long – can Sram hoses be shortened without bleeding?

You might get away with it. Disconnect at lever end and make sure you have a spare stealthamajig at the ready. My tip is unscrew the lever from the handlebar and keep it so the hose exit is upright. I had one where all the fluid just poured out of the lever as soon as the hose was disconnected – so needed bleeding. The next one I did I kept it upright and no bleed required.

Carbon frame (?) looks ace!

Mugboo

Someone will surely give you decent money for those Mary’s.

Bigmantrials

Looks awesome, I would love to get my hands on a vanquish. When they were on final clearance for £800 I was so tempted but wasn’t quite brave enough to click buy.

Enjoy it, I can’t imagine there are many about!

DezB
    Free Member

s it the same one that was also on PinkBike?

Yeah, he said it was advertised on there too. Along with spare set of Hope wheels.

Cheers for the brake tips, will give it a go when sorting the dropper. Teach me to sell stuff – sold Avid bleed kit cheap when all my bikes had Shimano. Sold 31.6 dropper when replaced the one off my son’s Remedy at Christmas… now need them again 😏
    Got some tasty Carbon bars and a 32mm stem from this to sell later… probably regret those too in time!

joebristol

What brakes are they – Guide R or RS or something? If you do buy a bleed kit then check what port they have on the caliper. It’s probably bleeding edge which has a specific adapter you need to connect the hose in.

Just looked up the bike – 1400g frame on a hardcore ish hardtail is so light. In comparison my Marino is 3.2kgs frame / axle / seat clamp 🤦‍♂️.

funkmasterp

Looks awesome, I would love to get my hands on a vanquish

Occasionally see frames advertised for silly prices. I had this Vanquish saved on PB. It looks to be in fantastic condition as DezB says. Looks like he’s got a real bargain. Let us know what it’s like Mr B?

malv173
    Free Member

Very nice looking thing, that! Another big fan of how those tanwalls work with that black and yellow frame. What you really need on that are some Uberbike radiator rotors in gold. Bling, bling!

nickc

That’s cool. lusted after these when they came out, 2016? ’17?

endomick
    Free Member

Normally hate tanwalls but thats the first time I’ve thought they actually suit the bike.

matt_outandabout

That’s pukka.

Change out the purple valves though.

DezB
    Free Member

Didn’t notice the purple valves til I got it home and checked if it was tubeless. Thought ‘why purple?’ seeing as the seller de-stickered the wheels cos he said the white decals didn’t look right!
    Brakes are Guide RSC I think – look a bit nicer finished than the Guides on the Remedy. Went for night ride with my lad this eve (on my Instinct) and he moaned at me for not buying an ebike, the swine!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I weep for your flagstones Desmond, I really do.

However the bicycle is more than acceptable.

DezB
    Free Member

I weep for your flagstones Desmond, I really do.

I guess someone has to care 😁

endurogangster
    Free Member

Nice bike, you’ll love it. I bought a frame on sale a year ago and have loved riding.

I built mine fairly burly with cane creek helms and Duroc 40 wheels but it still feels so light.

Enjoy

DezB
    Free Member

Ah, thats better. Just fitted 150mm dropper. Much more acceptable seating position… might need some higher rise bars.
    Got back from a quick test ride over the local woods, my son’s here to collect his gear for a ride… nicks the Throttle! So at least it’s gonna be ridden properly, for today anyway 😀

honourablegeorge

LOL… best get to work on finding another one, I’d say 🙂

belgianwaffle1

Isn’t this the bike that was based somewhere in Surrey? I saw a lot of ads for it on the Surrey Hills MTB page.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Great bike in a great condition, enjoy.
    I have a Vanquish and absolutely love it, one of favourite bikes I’ve had in a long long time, perhaps ever.

DezB
    Free Member

Isn’t this the bike that was based somewhere in Surrey?

It was.. advertised in a few places then! Hopefully it returns this afternoon still in such immaculate condition. It now has a scratch on the seatstay, where some numpty dropped a seatpost on it :S

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Oops. Bought a Transition Throttle’ is closed to new replies.