Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Oops.
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

In an attempt to have a visage that doesn’t resemble the unkempt old man that I am on the inside, I use clippers weekly to keep my remaining hair between and #2 and a #4 depending on the season.
    This morning I ran the clippers over it to avoid those weird sprouting hairs that grow like Japanese Knotweed and as I looked into the sink I thought ‘thats a lot of hair…’ a thought I repeated on the second swipe across my bonce.
    Sure enough after dissembling and cleaning the clippers last time I’d used them I’d not put a clipper guide back on. It was just the steel baseplate contacting my skin.

I now look somewhere between Angry Sinéad and the result of conflict with the nit nurse.
    I was going to do it anyway but I may have chosen to wait until summer. Plus side is I now apparently look ‘well hard’. So now I’ll be getting into fights I’d normally avoid by looking totally wimpish.

What have you screwed up lately?

ta11pau1

I’m down to 2.5mm from 3mm on the clippers, might go to the next one down in summer.

I’d like to think I’d look like Jason Statham with it that short but in reality I’d look like an Uzbekistanian drug lord just released from prison…

As mistakes go, it’s not exactly a lasting one – it’ll grown back to normal length in a week or 2, surely?

Do you look ‘well ‘ard’ or like ‘well ‘ard’?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Standard clipper cut in my book, no error.

In a week or two’s time you’ll be up to #2 anyway.

Poopscoop

Has it made you more right wind though op?😁

I have a no1 cut as it’s all I can do myself and it’s amazing how people genuinely think I’m some right wing ultra, type!lol

kayak23

thats a lot of hair…’ a thought I repeated on the second swipe across my bonce.

Reported for blatant showing off.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

^^ Had or made you more right wind though?😁

I couldn’t be more right wing because i’m currently at 0% and the tiniest portion of right wingedness in my soul would cause me to self destruct.
    Interestingly many of my friends now seem to be of traveller stock, even before the haircut.

theotherjonv

Hmmmm. Not me but a mate. Because of Covid barber closing, like many he bought some Wahl clippers and just got his wife to run over the bonce. Except he was still sticking at a reasonable length, being a professional sort of chap, despite having the physique of a bull elephant.

After they reopened and everyone back to work he was still happy with the outcomes and savings vs paying someone so they continued.

Rather than forgetting to put the guard on she was merrily clipping away, when for whatever reason the guard detached, and she put a stripe of ‘practically bald’ right up one side. They carried on but it was obvious so ended up gradually going shorter and shorter until it blended enough to not be totally obvious.

Turning up at work the next day with a grade 2 all over vs his previous 25mm #8…… a fair few shit themselves before realising who it was!

BoardinBob

I was giving myself buzzcuts during lockdown. I had a spare half hour between meetings so decided to give myself a quick haircut.

The clippers broke half way through and I was left with an absolute car crash of half shaved hair.

Had to take my next meeting with a wooly hat on and explain what was going on. Luckily it was internal colleagues rather than clients but a valuable lesson.

ads678

Except he was still sticking at a reasonable length, being a professional sort….

Do people actually still in these worlds? Why can’t you have a #1 and be professional? Strange.

maccruiskeen

Plus side is I now apparently look ‘well hard’

Forgetting to put the guard on takes me past ‘well hard’ and into something less desirable.

I usually go for no4 as a mimimum but usually whatever is longer in the box the clippers came with. If I go less than that I look a bit like a bouncer, but if I go shorter still  I look like I escaped from an institution. But when the guard popped off mid-cut once leaving a diagonal bald stripe across the top of my head – resulting an all over buzz cut without the guard…… I looked like the thought of escape wouldn’t cross my mind.

The clippers broke half way through and I was left with an absolute car crash of half shaved hair.

I do get mild anxiety with cordless clipper that the charge will run out before the job is done – my ones take ages to charge, but also you can’t just plug them and use corded. I”ve had to finish haircuts on the dregs of a charge – the sensation is a bit like being grazed by sheep.

stwhannah

Thanks for making me laugh out loud this lunchtime! I hope that’s not bad karma.

scotroutes

First clipper mishap in 40 years ..

That was last August. It took a bit of extra cutting and about 6 weeks of regrowth before it was suitably repaired.

Klunk
    Free Member

worst humble brag ever!!! 🙂

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I did this with the “ear taper” instead of the grade 4 I meant to do so had to take the whole lot down to a grade 1 instead.

Unfortunately it was a day before my wedding whilst tidying myself up.

Still at least it was better than the pigeon’s nest I had an hour earlier.

MrSparkle

My wife did that to our son the day before the primary school photos were taken. She carved a big strip into his bonce, realised what she’d done, gave a horrified gasp and slapped her hand on it to cover it up. He was going ‘What’s wrong? What’s wromg?!’ God, it was funny. Well, not for him it wasn’t…

zippykona

If you still have 2 eyebrows you don’t have anything to moan about!

the-muffin-man

Let the sides grow and go full Maisie Adams! 🙂

zippykona

Let the sides grow and go full Maisie Adams!

Who I now fancy purely because of her Chelsea Cut.

binners

Let the sides grow and go full Maisie Adams!

Or even better…

theotherjonv

Do people actually still in these worlds? Why can’t you have a #1 and be professional? Strange.

‘cos like I said, he’s got the manner and physique of a bull elephant. Think of Buster Bloodvessel on speedballs.

Freester

I asked my hairdresser for a Grade 7 she got mixed up with and cut with a grade 3. She was mortified. I thought it was funny. She’s never forgotten and still jokes about it 10 years later.

oldfart

All you lot showing off because you’ve still got hair 😔😔😔😔

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I still have the same amount of hair I used to have. Just in different places.
    I’ve ripped out the thatch and got a big solar panel up there now.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.