Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • oopgrade time, Orange Crush 2010 – good allrounder?
  • rockhopperbike

Hi all,
    following last weeks Ogden norvern ride out, – which I was using as a bit of a shake-down for both my knees and my 95 kona, I have spent the last few days trawling the net for a modern hardtail.

initially had a ragley blue pig and a few others on the short list, but today stumbled upon a very bright green crush 😈

Aside from the massive upgrade that it would be from a fully rigid kona, anyone got any thoughts good bad indifferent ❓

ton

orange crush is a very nice bike, i had a sub zero.
    they are very very harsh, more so than you full rigid set up.
    i snapped the frame on my sub zero………just riding along.

i have the blue pig and the mm bop.
    and i like the mm bop the best i think.

v10
    Free Member

Lovely bikes – colour is better in the flesh too.

Not sure how Orange have done it either but there Alu HT's this year stack up incredibly well VFM wise against all of the competition so you no longer have to pay a premium for the Orange badge. As an off the peg HCHT there isnt much close.

Biggest problem you will probably face is availability. Not sure what any one elses situation is like – but bought in quite heavily on these at the start of the year and they have nearly all gone, ordered some more a few weeks ago and i wont see most of them until March.

v10
    Free Member

Ton you got any pics of your mmmbop built?

Had our Quicklime ones arrive a few days ago and ive got some kit lying about so am very tempted!

ton

rockhopperbike

good looking bike,

the fence panel behind the bbq could use some cuprinol though 😉

rockhopperbike

v10 – Member
    Lovely bikes – colour is better in the flesh too.

Not sure how Orange have done it either but there Alu HT's this year stack up incredibly well VFM wise against all of the competition so you no longer have to pay a premium for the Orange badge. As an off the peg HCHT there isnt much close.

Biggest problem you will probably face is availability. Not sure what any one elses situation is like – but bought in quite heavily on these at the start of the year and they have nearly all gone, ordered some more a few weeks ago and i wont see most of them until March.

your right about the VFM, the p7 comes with tora forks for the same money, the blue pig has better forks than the tora, but a lesser groupset, the "lime crush" has avid exlier [sp] brakes, X9, race face, and some fox forks

where are you mr V10, do you have a 17" gathering dust perchance?

coatesy
    Free Member

We've got some 17" Crushes in stock at Sunset, either Google us or call on 02920371321.If you call early enough there's a strong chance of having it by Thursday too.

v10
    Free Member

Awesome – Cheers Ton, Wanted to see how it look angles wise with those Revo forks you got, as if i go for one thats what ill be running on it.

RHB – Im at Rutland – pretty sure there is a 17" crush left. If you want some more info etc on the bike give me a call on 01780 460705 (ext38) tomorrow and i should be able to help you. Guys at Sunset are a good bunch too.

rockhopperbike

Wayhay

got one!

by god it's good for the confidence on the steep downs, just need to swap the front tyre for something that grips a bit more

elaineanne
    Free Member

Ton ; can we have a couple of pics of the 'mmmp bop' and the 'blue pig'… the pic above doesnt seems to work for me …
    by rights i shud own one of those bikes living in this vacinity but alas my tiny body wont fit any of the frames ! duh ….

Jamesy
    Free Member

how you getting on with the crush op ?

rockhopperbike

–> Jamesy,

it's still great, taking some getting used to sram gears, but other than that, brill, knocked the wheels about a bit and they are holding up ok for factory wheels

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘oopgrade time, Orange Crush 2010 – good allrounder?’ is closed to new replies.