Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Ooops! Problems with HMRC.
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

A couple of weeks ago they sent me a text message about a refund I was due and was liable to forfeit if I didn’t get in touch.
    Today they rang me and an automated message said a Fraud claim had been made against me and if I didn’t ring a different number immediately I would be liable to be arrested very soon.

What is a poor boy to do?
    At least it has broken up a dull Wednesday where I have sod all to do until 3.00pm now but can’t go anywhere in case there is a crisis.
    Right coffee, bacon bap and Maddie Sparkle YouTube videos it is then.

el_boufador

Its a scam

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Noooooooooooo!

captainclunkz
    Free Member

It’s a scam.

docrobster
    Free Member

Scam
    My mother in law got this recently and I did a few years back. If you contact Hmrc they will ask you to forward the text to them as they have a dedicated system to look into them it’s so widespread

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Really guys? You didn’t get the impression from my hopefully light-hearted post that I knew that?
    But anyway thanks for genuinely trying to help. Nice people on here.

zilog6128

Really guys? You didn’t get the impression from my hopefully light-hearted post that I knew that?

don’t listen to them – it’s real. You are right to be concerned. My brother-in-law got caught the same way & is now banged up. For £500+VAT my international lawyer could’ve sorted it! PM me and I’ll send you his Western Union payment details.

ta11pau1

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Hmmm. Back to the pole dancing videos and coffee.

docrobster
    Free Member

*looks up maddie sparkle*

eddiebaby
    Free Member

*looks up maddie sparkle*

The way she dances that’s hardly a challenge.

doomanic

Pah! My misses can do that. She doesn’t make a song and dance about it though…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

🙂

RichPenny
    Free Member

Pah! My misses can do that. She doesn’t make a song and dance about it though…

He’s right you know, she can.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Ooops! Problems with HMRC.’ is closed to new replies.