Viewing 37 posts - 81 through 117 (of 117 total)
  • Ooops, I accidentally bought a new bike….
  • lunge

eyerideit, only thinking 200mm+ as I have those spare! I’m not exactly a lightweight so would like 180mm on there but as I have bigger one spare, well, why not?!

pictonroad

Mine came today, love the blue, super sparkly, the bags are huge, not quite worked them out yet.

Brakes are naff, luckily I have some spare hydraulic units lurking in the shed.

All in all a Bargain!

cr500dom
    Free Member

Looks like Parcel force have tried to deliver today while the Mrs popped out for 20 minutes 😥
    So I`ll have to take the van to the depot and collect it tonight, rather than knocking off early and getting it built this afternoon

eyerideit
    Free Member

@lunge Fair enough, none of my business really.

lunge

Eyerideit, no worries, I accept 200mm disks on a cargo bike is a tad odd.

cr500dom
    Free Member

Got mine home and built up, really pleased with it 😀

Brakes might need swapping out, and it will get a different saddle, but I’m amazed how the weight ofver the back wheel which is noticeable moving it around, disappears once on the move.
    Now to get some child seats on it :mrgreen:

Ifrider
    Free Member

Have I missed something here, how come the OP paid £350 when it’s on crc at 390 ?

Rich
    Free Member

crc put the price up after a few days (I think) of it being £350.

user-removed
    Free Member

Yup. Mine was 350. Bought a pair of chunkier cx tyres to make it a little more useful off road – just hope I can adjust the mudguards enough to squeeze them in (35s).

cr500dom
    Free Member

When CRc didn’t honour my original order, they agreed to do me a 20″ one at the price I originally paid for the 18″.

I still think it is worth the money at £390 Tbh but I had paid £350 and didn’t see why I should be stung when it was a mistake their end

lunge

Mine has arrived and been built. I have to say I really like it, it looks to be perfect for what I wanted to use it for, it’s not too heavy and it looks ok to. The brakes are crap though, they will be going soon, the bars I’m not sure about either but I have a pair from the Halfords 50p sale a month or 2 ago that I can put on if needed. Bar that I can’t fault it, an absolute bargain, thanks for the OP for putting the PSA up.

triple_s

Check the rim tape! It’s just a narrow strip of inner tube type rubber, moved in the back wheel and put 2 holes on the tube (rim is pretty rough round the holes)

Apart from that and the pretty rubbish brakes its a cracking bike for the money.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Can anyone tell me if both brakes are IS mounts please?

Just doing some brake window shopping.

Thanks

takisawa2

What brakes have you all got then ?
    The ones on my full Ute are BB5’s, & they work fine ?
    (Has a 180mm up front as std).
    They work fine even when I’ve got lots of weight on board.

I wouldnt go swapping bars out till youve ridden it a bit. It was going to be my first mod but I’m glad I didnt. They suit the bike, & how its best ridden. (Wafting along). 🙂

I notice you dont have the centre stands either. This is a godsend on the full ute. You even get a twangy twangy spring to keep the front wheel pointing straight when its on the stand.

woody2000

It comes with some Promax cable discs (160 F&R), they seem ok to me but I’ve not had much weight on it yet. Mine has a kickstand and a spring on the front wheel, presume everyone else had one in their bag o’bits too (but just not fitted it).

cr500dom
    Free Member

I`ve just ordered 2 Yepp Maxi kids seats to go on the rear deck :mrgreen:

Going to remake the deck in Marine ply and try and get the mountings and therefore seats lower, looks possible from my first look at it.

Mine came with the stabiliser and centre stand too.

Going to reserve judgement on the brakes for now until they have bedded in a bit more

lunge

takisawa2, I didn’t even register what the springy thing was for, I will have a play tonight! The stand is very iseful though

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I heard the brakes were bad before I got my MinUte and considered going hydraulic as I have a spare set. However, once I saw the integrated bell in the brake lever I was sold. My 18 month old can reach the bell from his Yepp Mini too for extra chuckle factor when coming up behind walkers.
    I found the brakes not very good at first but dragged them down a 2 mile very steep hill to try to get them the bed in and they have been fine since. Ok, not super but good enough considering these are heavy lumps of bike and they are cable brakes.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Ours was delivered this evening, the box is huge.

I got 2 sets of pedals, and some other bits.

Not put it together yet, think that will have to wait for the weekend. looks nice though and it fits in the shed which is even better.

There weren’t any instructions though, can some post a pic of how the spring thing works/fits?

Can wait to ride the bugger.

Thanks in advance.

pjt201
    Free Member

Any idea how long CRC have taken to deliver these? I ordered on Thursday and still processing. Also which courier do they use?

takisawa2

eyerideit
    Free Member

Thanks takisawa2 8)

pjt20: Ours was delivered by ParcelForce 48, despatched on the 28th and arrived yesterday.

pictonroad

I didn’t get a spring! Did get a pot of touch up paint which is a nice touch.

Needs a bigger front ring, just heading into the garden to fettle it, will report back..

cr500dom
    Free Member

Mine was Parcelforce 48, glad I took the van to collect it from the depot, the box is enormous !!

eyerideit
    Free Member

I got:

spring and a plastic outer spring/trunk type thing.
    Touch up paint
    2 sets of pedals
    Pedal Spanner
    Multi Tool
    Water bottle
    Bell
    Reflectors

Quite a lot of extras really.

cr500dom
    Free Member

Only one set of pedals and no touch up paint here but I got everything else
    Oh and it sounds like my 2 Yepp maxi seats have arrived at home too :mrgreen:

Ifrider
    Free Member

I got nothing because it sold out before I placed an order 🙁

pictonroad

How on earth is this so variable, is this why they were cheap?

My bell isn’t built in.

Fnarr Fnarr.

eyerideit
    Free Member

About 2 order this lot for the boy.

cr500dom
    Free Member

I got home to find my Yepp seats had arrived 8)

Just positioned in those pics but they are now fixed in place (Minus the rear deck) clamped direct to the frame.

I`m probably going to do an Alloy top plate that the Yep seats will just slot into, so I can lose the heavy mounting frames and lower the seats by another 25mm

Hoping to get home in time to try it out with at least one child on board :mrgreen:

woody2000

Nice!

Question though – how the hell will you get them in there without the bike falling over or some other similar disaster? 🙂

cr500dom
    Free Member

Centre stand :mrgreen:

pictonroad

Took the boy to the beach today, wee ride fits perfectly in the minute, I can pedal very nearly normally and still get plenty of lock. Lunch and beach towels in one bag, digger and buckets in the other, so pleased with it. Stuck the old kid carrier straight on gumtree.

These bikes are awesome!

user-removed
    Free Member

cr500Dom – can you share any info about which seats those are please? Can you just bolt them straight on?

The spring thing is an amazingly simple but effective method of stopping the front wheel turning whilst on the kick-stand. Stops the whole rig toppling. Mine made a horrible noise until I turned the lug vertical to stop the flange scraping across the spring ( makes sense in my head ).

In other news, I rode into town and back a few days ago – very hot day, fairly hilly. By thunder, it’s heavy. When I get on any of my other bikes now, it feels like I’m floating up hills.

EDIT: And if you lean forwards a bit, you can bunnyhop it over those annoying bars they install to keep motorbikes off footpaths 😉

cr500dom
    Free Member

user-removed – Member
    cr500Dom – can you share any info about which seats those are please? Can you just bolt them straight on?

They are Yepp Maxi seats, brought from a seller on eBay based in wickford.
    They came with the easy fit frames which clamp on to the rear rack once the deck is removed, it’s not ideal but it’ll do for now, you could probably fit them through the deck too but I wanted to get the seats lower.
    I am probably still going to make a frame plate up which will allow me to do away with the easy fit frames and get the seats another 25-30 mm lower too. This would still allow the quick release of the seats in the same fashion.
    Or I could modify the seats themselves and bolt them directly to a new deck without the quick release mechanism, I’d then make the whole deck removable with seats attached.

Handling with 2 on is a little interesting, and loading them is difficult as the 2nd child is behind the rear axle line.
    Hence the reason for wanting to get them lower as the leverage about the rear axle will be a lot less.

The other option is a big front rack and some front panniers low down to counterbalance the weight, but I need to spend some more time experimenting.
    I have to say, once on the move it feels ok, but getting started / setting off is a little weird, especially if rearward passenger doesn’t sit still !!! 😯

user-removed
    Free Member

Thanks for that – interesting info. I’ve bought a cheap as chips seat and although it’s fitted to a different bike right now, I plan on bolting it on to the deck of the Minute. Just wondering if it’s worth faffing with some form of suspension to take the worst of the bumps out, or just supply a large cushion!

cr500dom
    Free Member

Big fat tyres :mrgreen:

Viewing 37 posts - 81 through 117 (of 117 total)

The topic ‘Ooops, I accidentally bought a new bike….’ is closed to new replies.