Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ooooh, Not an Excel question ! (ppt)
  • scaredypants

I have been sent a ppt file that I need to amend in terms of simple formatting (change the text size, shift a few pictures) but it’s very heavily formatted – multiple stacked text boxes that all seem to have been protected somehow (allowing auto-resizing and text flowing etc are all greyed out).
    I’m hoping that the author will get back to me with an editable version but wondered if anyone had any great suggestions for what they’ve done and how I might undo it myself – preferably as a “select-all” option rather than addressing the many, many separate objects ?
    Ta

Cougar

Would it not be quicker to use it as a reference point and just start again from scratch? ‘s probably what I’d do with a document created by a gibbon, sounds like a nightmare.

oldtennisshoes

Do you know if it’s a native ppt file?
    I’ve seen weird shit like that happen when people have exported from Google Slides, Keynote or even sometimes from a pptx to a ppt. Ask them for the native file?

verses

Can you select all, then copy and paste into a new PPT?

scaredypants

gah – turns out half the text boxes are images !

Going to save as pdf, open with acrobat & see what ma\yhem that causes. Then give up 🤪

scaredypants

actually not bad, at least on the first one I tried (have several)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ooooh, Not an Excel question ! (ppt)’ is closed to new replies.