Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Ooni question.
  • zippykona

Not used ours yet.
    How hot does the underneath get ? Could I put it on my plastic workbench or do I need to use something less melty?

reformedfatty
    Free Member

They have flip down legs giving about 3 inches of room beneath the oven and whatever it’s stood on. We use ours on a wooden garden table without issue, I probably wouldn’t risk plastic but that’s more because of hot peels or ash than the oven

cb200
    Free Member

The legs hold ours six inches above a wooden table, with no issues. Just don’t place the furnace cover hot end down on the table while drunk.

zippykona

I’m assuming if I place the coconut doormat from my shed on top of the plastic that should protect it.

colp

They suffer really badly in any wind so I made a little house for ours which really sorted the problem.

johndoh
    Free Member

Bloody hell – hundreds of pounds and they are still crap in UK weather. I’m sticking to using the oven.

olly2097
    Free Member

Gas ooni here.

Mines been fine on multiple surfaces. Camping. Home. Caravan etc.

Fine in most weather of turned away from direct wind gusts as well

Drac

Yup gas one here too I just angle it away from the wind and have no issues.

theotherjonv

I use mine on a plastic camping table, with a couple of big floor tiles (ceramics) from the offcuts bin at the local tile warehouse between the Ooni and the table, and it’s not melted so far.

Drac

That must be a very small warehouse.

chaos

That must be a very small warehouse.

That kind of comment belongs in the Dad joke thread.

colp

I guess with the gas ones you have the pressure from the bottle helping to direct the flame, so the wind won’t affect it as much.

euain

I’ve got a Karu here and it is fine on a plastic table.

I put a tile down the first couple of times to check and it didn’t get at all hot.

bigsurfer
    Free Member

I scorched the top of a wooden table on an Ooni 2 when having a big party and running it for several hours. I just overhang the fire box off the back of the table now which seams fine.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.