Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • OOhh i'm going to be a mother-in-law!!
  • adjustablewench
    Free Member

Not something that will happen to most of you i’m sure – but i’m excited even if my son-in-law to be doesn’t ride bicycles (yet) 🙂

gonzy
    Free Member

go easy on him will you??… 😉

brakes
    Free Member

does that mean you’ll be a granny soon?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    composite
    Free Member

brakes – Member

does that mean you’ll be a granny soon?

Probably in about 6 months. 😉

tazzymtb

just remember that becoming a mother in law, will basically put you at the same level as the great horned one and his little cloven hooved minions to your poor son in law to be. You you become a source of fear/dread/trepidation……also bear in mind that you will be judged as it it’s a well know “fact” that girls turn into their mothers…so he will be looking at you and thinking “hmmmm this lovely young lady that I have, will turn into a mentalist bike riding old dear that smells of wee and lavender”

binners

“I can always tell when the mother in law’s coming to stay… the mice throw themselves on the traps.”

Les Dawson

“My wife said: ‘Can my mother come down for the weekend?’ So I said: ‘Why?’ and she said: ‘Well, she’s been up on the roof two weeks already’.

Bob Monkhouse

“My mother-in-law said ‘one day I will dance on your grave’. I said ‘I hope you do, I will be buried at sea.'”

Les Dawson

“I wanted to do something nice so I bought my mother-in-law a chair. Now they won’t let me plug it in.”

Henry Youngman

“I haven’t spoken to my mother-in-law for eighteen months. I don’t like to interrupt her.”

Ken Dodd

“I took my mother-in-law to Madame Tussaud’s Chamber of Horrors and one of the attendants said: ‘Keep her moving sir, we’re stock-taking.'”

Les Dawson

“A police recruit is asked during an exam, “What would you do if you had to arrest your own mother-in-law?” He replies, “I’d call for backup.”

Bernard Manning

“My mother-in-law fell down a wishing well, I was amazed, I never knew they worked.”

Les Dawson

“I just got back from a pleasure trip. I took my mother-in-law to the airport.”

Henry Youngman

“My mother-in-law has come round to our house at Christmas seven years running. This year we’re having a change. We’re going to let her in.”

Les Dawson

😆

wwaswas

a mentalist bike riding old dear that smells of wee and lavender

My mother in law doesn’t ride a bicycle but you got 3 out of the 4 right 😉

IHN

Weirdly, my mum’s going to be one soon. Are you my mum?

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Aww shucks guys you say the loveliest things 😀

coming from a long line of mentalist bike riding old dears (not too sure about lavender and wee though!). . . .

my grandmother had to stop riding her russian cossack motorcycle outfit when she had her hip replaced in her 80’s

my mother’s always trundling about the planet on her collection of motorbikes

and me – well i obviously i prefer to pedal but have a full license too

and my lovely daughter rides when she isn’t having bikes stolen

So I think he has a good idea of the family characteristics, and hopefully he will not panic too much with us being a fairly openminded chilled out lot.

As for babies – hopefully not too soon, she has various things she wants to do first – and is no hurry to follow in my footsteps in that department. Being a bit like the old woman who lived in a shoe . . . . so you could be one of mine IHN – i may have lost count 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘OOhh i'm going to be a mother-in-law!!’ is closed to new replies.