Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ooh! Look at those little things! Clever!
  • RudeBoy
    Free Member

Very nice!

Maybe a skull and cross-bones for threads that have a very high argument content, to help protect the nervous?

nickc

Que?

DezB
    Free Member

do wot pal?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Not sure I like, looks a bit cluttered.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I think he has just spotted the tags.

Get back to work Fred

DezB
    Free Member

No, I see what he’s on about.
    Click

miketually
    Free Member

I think he has just spotted the tags.

Or maybe the new icons on the summary page that let you know whether a thread is in the chat or bike forum?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Yes, I’m struggling with some website stuff. And my mate won’t help me, the git.

All I want to do, is have a banner at the top, with a line of buttons, on each page, then the individual page contents underneath. So I don’t have to load all the stuff onto each page. I used to be able to do this, but I’ve forgotten. and my Dreamweaver Help seems to be borked. 😥

GrahamS

Couple of ways to do that Fred:

Old School: use frames. Put the banner and line of buttons in one frame and the content in another.

New School: put the HTML fragment for the banner and buttons in a file then use server-side includes to include that file in every page.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Sussed it!

I just re-used an old website I built ages ago, and replaced all the little bits. It had some nice buttons, which didn’t appear for ages; did me **** head it. Then realised I’d thrown away a script folder thingy.

I don’t do websites. Just the pretty pics.

Just created one page, then Saved As the individual pages, and all the bits were in the same place.

Used Tables for individual page content. Very simple and effective. Might not be all fancy like what some of youse lot do, but it works.

Ah, finally, I can go to bed….

(Sobs) 😥

PS: Still got to add loads of stuff, like images, thumbnails, links to other sites, and a login system, but a mate’s going to help with that. And an image upload system, if possible.

I can see how this website malarky can cost so much. I wasted 3 hours, wondering why certain things weren’t working propperly. Started all over again, at least three times.

I now have even more respect to STW for getting the website back up and running. Like stripping a car annd engine down to every tiny bit, and completely rebuilding it.

I have cried, today.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ooh! Look at those little things! Clever!’ is closed to new replies.