• This topic has 22 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by dazh.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Oo heck it's nearly just gone pear shaped
  • stumpyjon

Our oldest (8) has just had crisis of faith and is after proof He exists. She hid her stocking in her bedroom as only Santa would be able to find it, Mummy and Daddy wouldn’t and the note with the carrot has asked Rudolph to leave a hoof print in it to prove it was him. Meanwhile the 4 year old is a true believer and bouncing off the walls.

I shall leave it an hour and then consume Santa’s generous portion of single malt, the missus can leave the teeth marks in the carrot this year.

Stoner
    Free Member

whisky in her milk and she’ll be far too out cold to notice you toss the room for the stocking.

piemonster

Yes,what Stoner said

Cheap whisky mind, too young to appreciate it

thekingisdead
    Free Member

LOL @ piemonster

maccruiskeen

There’s a hilarious thread running on juniortrackworld just now. ‘Tell em you’ve hid the sock lulz’ ‘ruddolf hoof prints roflcopters’ ‘tell em you’ve got a spotters guide to cervidae hoof an tooth imprints ftw’

Lesanita2
    Free Member

Come on…. you can bluff an 8 year old. Someone has told her. You can do it.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

8? times up, tell her the truth, and also tell her mummy and daddy only live together for the kids and have hated each other since she was about 6 months old, and she only had her sister to try and “fix” the relationship

dantsw13

Scatter presents outside door, with a letter from Santa, explaining next year, no stocking, no presents 😈

Northwind

Tell her the truth but, also, tell her not to ruin it for her sister? I was about 8…

rOcKeTdOg

the missus can leave the teeth marks in the carrot this year.

is it your birthday too?

stuey
    Free Member

lol

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I think I was about 5 when I worked it out. Oh, and what Northwind said.

djglover
    Free Member

8? times up, tell her the truth, and also tell her mummy and daddy only live together for the kids and have hated each other since she was about 6 months old, and she only had her sister to try and “fix” the relationship

LOL!

Merry flaming christmas!

stumpyjon

Think one of her school friends has blabbed, we know which one, I’m polishing the bombers as I type. She’s not completely given up on the idea, she’s very conflicted 😯 , she wants to believe but reality is creeping in. Think we’ll be having a chat before next year so it’s not wrecked for the other one. Don’t think we’ve done too bad getting to 8.

Wife works with a woman who told her 4 year old there was no Father Christmas, apparently seeing as she’d bought all the presents she was taking the credit 😯 😯 😯

Don’t worry the good whiskey is reserved for Santa, yum.

Tom83

rOcKeTdOg – Member

the missus can leave the teeth marks in the carrot this year.

is it your birthday too?

😆

timbur
    Free Member

Port. It’s all about the port.
    5 3/4 yo fast asleep.
    Carrot chomped, port sloshed, presents being placed.
    :O)

iainc

Tell her the truth but, also, tell her not to ruin it for her sister? I was about 8.

This.

Our 9 yr old is ‘in on the secret’ although he will be 10 on Thursday. He knows it’s more than his life xbox is worth to let on to his wee bro 😆

going by the hyper activity I reckon 18 yr old daughter must still believe though 😆

marsdenman
    Free Member

Cannot recall how old young I was but I remember having my suspicions confirmed one Christmas eve by the sound of my dad truly swearing and cursing as he tried to wrap a football…
    Chris. Age 44 and a bit

From another angle – for many years, the father in law has played Santa at the local primary school.
    2 years ago, his granddaughter, pupil at said school, suggests he may be masquerading as father christmas. ‘No, it cannot be’ says the FIL.
    ‘How come then’ says Granddaughter ‘he sounds like you, has the same watch as you, and the same shoes’
    BUSTED 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

has the same watch as you, and the same shoes’

that thieving, red nosed, jolly, b**tard!

MountainMutant
    Free Member

I’ve just built up my 6 yr old sons Islabike Beinn 24 and have a strong urge to ride it round the front room!

He’s still a firm believer. Lucky bugger…I’ll probably get socks

matthewjb
    Free Member

We had a period between about ages 8 and 12 where the kids didn’t really believe but didn’t want to say anything in case the presents dried up.

Getting the older one to play along for the younger is a good plan.

The six year old has just left out supplies for Santa and Rudolph. She insists Santa prefers milk to anything stronger!

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ve just found a letter our 10 yr old daughter has snuck on the fire place with the mince pies for Santa, it reads ” dear Santa, thanks for all the presents last yr, please make this yr amazing too. Lots of love Isabelle”
    That alone has just made our Christmas!!!

dazh

My 8 year old was suspicious after her muslim friends at school let the cat out of the bag (that’s the theory anyway), so Mrs Daz did some online video message from here which has just about persuaded her that her friends don’t know what they’re talking about. It’s also had the benefit of keeping her and her younger sister well behaved for the past two days so the guilt of manufacturing this fiction has been assuaged in a minor way. God knows what next year will be like.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Oo heck it's nearly just gone pear shaped’ is closed to new replies.