Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Onza tyres….. Radio world reviews…
  • alpin
    Free Member

I see that CRC are offering quite a few Onza tyres at low prices in their ongoing black Friday sale.

Can’t find many recent reviews about them.

Anyone run these and got anything positive (or negative) to say about them?

kimbers

The 45 compound is better than the 55 compound, but they only do the softer one in dh casing & 27.5

zinaru
    Free Member

i picked up a aquila 29 x 2.4 after it being highlighted on this very board. reduced from £70+ to £19.99!

i was looking for a tyre for the scottish winter sloop as my stash of geax gatos have now all died (i still thing these original versions are the best mud tire ever!)

ive only had x2 3 hours on muddy local loops but i like it. running it out back with a 29 x 3.0 surly dirt wizard up front and feels like a good match. works well in really wet conditions and bites through slop into the harder stuff below. has got a bit overwhelmed in pure clay but almost anything would.

its pretty draggy on any unavoidable tarmac sections but for a small price tag, im happy to find something that feels workable for the next 4 or five months…

kimbers

I also rate my aquilla

what psi you running zinaru? im on 19 on i25mm rim

zinaru
    Free Member

20psi on an ARC 40

Northwind

I had some ibexes, they were like highrollers only rubbish. That was the rc2 dual compound I think but the “soft” rubber was almost as hard as a maxxis hard rubber which was probably why they didn’t work.

onewheelgood

My Jeffsy came with ibexes that were as heavy as the whole of the rest of the bike, and ridiculously draggy. They didn’t stay on for long. Possibly ok if you only ever ride down hills.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Onza tyres….. Radio world reviews…’ is closed to new replies.