Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • ONZA Payoff
  • teenrat

Really like the look of the onza payoff acid bath frame, and for £249, seems a bargain for a British made sell frame. But… The 27.2 seat post. What would be the reason for using a 27.2 tube, which is going to limit dropper options.

Aside from dropper choice, are there any other negatives for a 27.2 seatube?

Also, the frame would be built up as an all dayer, xc bike. Any experiences of the frame out there?

joebristol

For me I’d prefer the Jackpot – the 27.5” frame sounds more playful and has nice short chainstays. No reach figure given on the website which is an odd thing not to provide.

£250 for a 4130 frame isn’t bad – but I doubt it’s U.K. made for that price.

BB standard isn’t ideal but there’s a reason for that in this case.

dukeduvet

Brandx do a 27.2 dropper for about £100 either internal or external. I have one and its perfect for frames with 27.2 also has neat attachment at the collar.

27.2 is supposed to help with a bit of flex and spring

dropper

jamesoz

No reach figure given on the website which is an odd thing not to provide.

Possibly because it’s not fashionably long low and slack. I’ve got an acid bath jackpot 19” and it’s quite short. I like it, takes some getting used to swapping between that and a large Aeris 145, it’s polar opposites but great fun.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Full bike on the site is a bargain at £699

nickdavies

For an all day xc bike 27.2 is the best post size. Old school maybe but my xc bike is 27.2 i have a dropper and a carbon post for it. Its a lot nicer with the carbon post than my other hardtail if youre bouncing around on it for 100k.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

It’s a heavy frame but nicely put together, the acid bath does corrode a bit. I’d go for the blue if getting another, it’s got the internal protection and it’s lush. I’m faster on the payoff up and down than on my Ariel 15X apart from rock gardens. Plenty of 27.2 droppers about, I got an underlever e ten for about £50 I think a while ago now. Geo is short by modern standards, but not short short. 250 quid, bargain!

servo
    Free Member

I have a blue payoff which I bought last year from onza direct. You get 10% off code for signing up your email. I wanted an acid bath one but was put off by the ones on eBay which looked a bit rusty.
    Comes with through axle and headset if I remember correctly.
    It is a bit heavy but rides very well.

Try googling for other discount codes.
    Downside is push fit bottom bracket.
    Nicely finished frame. Gets lots of remarks.
    Got a KS Lev dropper from eBay

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Any excuse

slimjim78
    Free Member

Seriously considering one of these myself, has anyone had any issues at all with their pressfit BB?

kayla1
    Free Member

They’re lovely looking bikes, I had a go on a small Jackpot at the NEC a few years ago and really liked it. That burnt orange metallic colour is lush.

In pressfit BB related news, we’ve had bikes with them and haven’t had any problems at all while they’re fitted. Knocking them out destroyed them though (possibly my cack-handedness at work) :/

kimbers

Knocking them out destroyed them though (possibly my cack-handedness at work) :/

either the hope version or this

https://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/bb86-92/bb86-92-outboard-angular-contact-bb-for-24mm-shimano-cranks-black.html

fixes that problem

kayla1
    Free Member

Nice one! Thanks 🙂

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I used a press fit to threaded adapter, 15 quid

cromolyolly
    Free Member

but I doubt it’s U.K. made for that price.

Are there any UK frame makers that actually make the frames here? I thought they all designed here but outsourced design to Taiwan etc.

either the hope version or this

Will that fit? I thought BB86 and PF3O were actually different?

jimdubleyou

Stumbled across those £699 full bikes, whilst researching a bike in the classifieds.

Seems like a bargain…

cromolyolly
    Free Member

Anyone got a 17″ one that would care to share the reach/Ett?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘ONZA Payoff’ is closed to new replies.