Onthelight light – Anyone used them ?

Home Forum Bike Forum Onthelight light – Anyone used them ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Onthelight light – Anyone used them ?
  • monkeychild

*Watches closely* I am hovering over the buy button as my bastid died.
    I want to know how robust the battery to light ocnnector is.
    Also does the led on the button stay illuminated when the light is off?

Edit: Sent spokeybloke a mail.

jonb

Use the search, loads on here recently about it. Look for spokebloke as he runs the online shop.

Personally I went for the new and improved magicshine as it was significantly cheaper and I think the upgrade to the battery and light will prevent premaure failure.

Premier Icon lowey
    Subscriber

improved magicshine

How has it been improved. All my riding mate’s have the original bastid and all have had issues in some why, shape or form ?

Premier Icon lowey
    Subscriber

Seen these recently.

Anyone got a set and care to share your views ?

monkeychild

I looked at the new magicshite. I am loathed to pay DX more cash for a sub-standard product that will last 12 months if I am lucky.

billybob

are Tesco’s not selling those torches anymore?!

monkeychild

I have a Tesco torch and it is “ok” at best.

I ride for around 90% of my journeys on dark unlit roads. I need to dazzle albinos otherwise I am at crawling pace.

Naranjada

yes, used mine half a dozen times in the peaks as my only light and all is a-ok. on high for descent, low for flat and road, low or high for climbing. i’ve had just less than two hours of mixed use without the switch turning to blue so the charge seems to last too.

the switch light stays on when switched off but not when disconnected from battery (obviously). the connector seems fine, gives a nice *pop* when you uncouple it so i reckon it’s watertight and will last, as long as you don’t thrutch on the wires. other connections seem ok too.

recommended.

Premier Icon phiiiiil
    Subscriber

I’ve been using mine daily for almost a week now; very bright, the battery / light connection is very secure (it’s a bugger to unplug, to be honest) and mine’s only just gone blue (although it’s meant to spend all of its time on blue so the battery should last ages… proper test at the weekend!)

My only criticisms: firstly I’d rather the indicator light was only on when the light was on; I tend to leave the light on the bike all the time, which means it’s sat there glowing away 24/7. I presume the battery can power it for weeks like this, but it’s a bit of an annoyance.

Secondly the mount holds the light over the stem, which is no good if you’ve got a GPS on there. I suspect some bodging can be done to put the light directly above the bar mount rather than on the sticky-out bit which I might try if I can’t fit it next to the GPS in any other way.

monkeychild

Well I caved and ordered 🙂

Premier Icon trout
    Subscriber

Come on Lowey you know you want a T Light 😉

monkeychild

I want a Trout light but I would die in a gruesome manner if I spent that much on lights.

Premier Icon lowey
    Subscriber

Come on Lowey you know you want a T Light

Troutie, I’m a dedicated worshipper of your stuff as you well know (did you manage to clear up the drool from the back of your van in Swaledale ?), but I don’t get my christmas bonus till Jan and I need a light now.

Went out with a friend last night who bought one on my recommendation so I was very interested in it’s performance as I don’t have one – lol!

Much brighter than my Joystick (200 Lumens against 900). I have 2 joysticks and have one on bike and one on the helmet, he only had the light on the bike so his light was fixed whereas mine total output is split but his was much brighter. Very good performance even in ‘dim / low’ mode as well, almost if slightly brighter than my joystick in dim mode.
    Big green then blue button on the back was very noticable to me riding along side but friend didn’t feel he noticed it whilst riding and didn’t distract him at all.

Looked very well made, battery pack smaller than what I expected and the light unit looked really nice and well made.

For the money I would deff buy one!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Onthelight light – Anyone used them ?’ is closed to new replies.