Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • OnOne are a bloody nightmare
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Is there a layer of plastic covering that frame? That was my initial thought on seeing that photo.

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

Is there a layer of plastic covering that frame?

yes, with some carbon in

brant
    Free Member

On the other hand, On One should probably be clearer about how it looks, call it “naked carbon” or something and have a decent pic, rather than “gloss black” which could make you expect a painted black frame.

And that’s exactly what someone was tasked with at 9am this morning – pics should be up soon/already.

As discussed – thanks for feedback folks.

ampthill

brant I thought you’d moved on from on one. Am i wrong or are you just looking out for an old pal….

miketually
    Free Member

brant I thought you’d moved on from on one. Am i wrong or are you just looking out for an old pal….

http://www.shedfire.com/2011/08/01/they-say-you-never-forget-your-first-love-shedfire-and-brant-richards-rejoin-on-one-and-head-up-titus/

shoopnasty
    Free Member

just a thought ………. how does it ride ??? My Whippet is just the tits, light, well built, fast.

xraymtb
    Free Member

Gave it a first ride today on the commute – ridiculously light (24.9lbs), felt like it was trying to out accelerate me when I got out of the saddle, handling was just the right side of quick (Fox F100 fitted). Can’t wait to thrash it around GT on Saturday.

I have to admit that their service may not be up to scratch but they do make some cracking bikes.

geoffj

What’s a ‘Yorkshire way of doing things’?

Fist pie?

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

You put F100s on the C456?

No wonder people complain about the looks if people are building them like that! 36mm minimum stanchion diameter, 2.4″ tyre minimum and the look all make sense, especially mat lacquer over carbon. Put XC race kit on it and it’s going to look fat.

Seriously though, if you’re using F100s, why didn’t you buy the Wippet?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

‘Yorkshire way of doing things’?

IME, this constitutes the general principle of ‘I’ve done the minimum that I have to, and you’ll bloody well like it. Now stop bothering me’

Brake-neck
    Free Member

The finish on them is not great to the point where after I got mine within a week some of the lacquer was coming off, it now looks like its shedding its skin its so bad in some places. I mentioned it at the time to Dan at on-one, a very helpful guy and he said to use it through the winter and then send it back to get it refinished for free after a few months, however, when I contacted them to do I was pretty much told to bugger off, would have returned it immediately if I’d know they were gonna go back on it (and the 10 emails I have of the convo)

MrSparkle

I have to admit that their service may not be up to scratch but they do make some cracking bikes.

Interesting turn of phrase… 😉

xraymtb
    Free Member

paulrockliffe – I’m trying it out at 100mm travel. I considered the Whippet but I’m likely to go with a longer travel fork at some point and I got these cheap (£120 for 2010 F100’s in ‘as new’ condition). They are the tapered steerer/QR15 version so more than capable of taking some hits.

I actually think a big 36 fork and 2.4 tyre might ruin the bike for me – too much extra weight taking away from the lightness of the frame. My last few bikes were built up like that and I grew to dislike them. I also happen to think it looks good in almost every built up pic I’ve seen.

Dino
    Free Member

Mines ok Just built, for winter, from old Yeti Bike 😛

ampthill

Thanks Mike

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘OnOne are a bloody nightmare’ is closed to new replies.