Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • online payments (rantette lite)
  • iDave
    Free Member

I order something from Merlin. The money zooms out of my account instantly – I can’t spend that money on anything else now. It’s gone see. I cancel the order three minutes later. The money will be back in my account in 5 **** working days. Would they like to insert a catheter to take the piss while I’m asleep?

RealMan
    Free Member

Moral of the story: don’t order stuff if you’re going to cancel the order 3 minutes later.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Decide, then buy. Not in any other order.

They are punishing you so you will learn.

iDave
    Free Member

There are no morals in the story.

ourmaninthenorth

Have the courage of your convictions man!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

TBF I did something similar recently – saw a PS3 at a bargain price on Amazon and bought it.

Then continued looking and found one £30 cheaper at Sainsbury Online about 5 minutes later.

iDave
    Free Member

So an electronic transaction that takes seconds in one direction, just happens to need 5 days the other direction and we’re all fine with that?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

So an electronic transaction that takes seconds in one direction, just happens to need 5 days the other direction and we’re all fine with that?

Did it zoom though? Or will it spend 3 days in the ether/bank, then 3 days back again?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Perhaps you could have offered to pay them the fees they will have been charged for processing the order electronically and for the admin involved in refunding you?

wrecker
    Free Member

I thought that they weren’t allowed to take the payment until they had dispatched the item?

Jamie
    Free Member

Think twice, buy once.

sugdenr
    Free Member

They just want to hang on to your money for a few days, makes them feel happy see. Can’t deny them that pleasure can you.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘online payments (rantette lite)’ is closed to new replies.