Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Online malware removal?
  • ben
    Free Member

I seem to have some malware, I’m constantly getting a pop up blocked on every site I visit.

As it’s a work laptop I can’t install any software as I don’t have admin rights. Anyone know of a malware scanner/removal tool that just works through a web browser?

bentandbroken

I used this a few years ago based on the recommendation of one of our System Admins

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/uk/

wwaswas

As it’s a work laptop

I’d be talking to whoever does have Admin rights before you infect the whole company…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Cougar

I’d be talking to whoever does have Admin rights before you infect the whole company…

… is the right answer. Even if you’re competent and / or well meaning, if you try and disinfect it before your IT people see it then you might remove valuable information which would help them to identify exactly what the infection is.

There are a number of options, but you’ll be crippled to run them effectively without admin rights. You could try resetting IE to defaults / checking addons, or maybe System Restore. Beyond that, take it to whoever’s job it is to deal with.

johndoh
    Free Member

Yes, but we all know *why* he doesn’t want to take it to IT….

OP – just pour coffee all over it and just get them to get you a new machine – it’ll save your blushes.

Cougar

I wouldn’t worry. The proxy server will have a record of all those websites anyway.

johndoh
    Free Member

This is true.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Online malware removal?’ is closed to new replies.