Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Online FS bikes and bearing changes
  • iainc

Say I bought a Bird, or a Canyon full susser, which needed bearings changed every year or so and I would prefer to get it done professionally – is this something that a typical LBS would generally be happy to do, or would they be less inclined as not a brand they sell ?

weeksy

Can think of no reason at all why not

chakaping
    Free Member

You will not struggle to find a mechanic or LBS prepared to change bearings in a bike they didn’t sell.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    iainc

^^^^^ good, thank you 😊 !

As I think I may order a Bird Aeris 120 in a few months time.

transporter13
    Free Member

Why would it matter?.. Presuming that they can source the bearings or if you provide them, the job is entirely labour based so the best kind of work for a shop surely?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Weird!

Poopscoop

I can honestly say that learning how to change the bearings in a bike yourself is one of the most satisfying spannering sessions you will ever do.

Unlike a lbs that changed the bearings in my bike a couple of years back…. You can make sure it is done right too.👍

My Jeffsy has 11 bearings to change by the way…. Still totally doable,I just take my time and do it right.

iainc

Cheers, think I am convinced !

martinhutch

Just look out for SH or discounted bearing presses/pullers during that first year rather than when you start to hear them creaking.

Chances are you’ll end up with a kit for little more than it costs for one LBS service, and as mentioned above, it’s a very satisfying job.

You can make a press out of threaded rod, and sockets, for very little, if you’re in any way mechanically minded.

mashr

http://www.bearingprotools.com has a load of bike specific kits too as an easy starter

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Online FS bikes and bearing changes’ is closed to new replies.