Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)
  • Online dating ( should I ?)
  • rudebwoy
    Free Member

have you tried the CTC lonely hearts section, apparently its got a lot of members !

MSP

have you tried the CTC lonely hearts section, apparently its got a lot of members

I’m not sure if that’s inadvertent or genius.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

both

elzorillo
    Free Member

My sister met her husband of about 10 years on a dating site. Lovely bloke and they’re still madly in love.

Every other person I know who uses dating sites seem to use it purely for casual sex (and they get a LOT of it).

Mister-P
    Free Member

I am loving the adverts that this thread results in. Not sure Planet Sappho is really the right one for me and I am a bit scared by Mature Dating UK. I might bump into some of my mum’s friends on there. oh and the picture is of a woman with a tattoo on her breast. No ta.

tiger
    Free Member

Go for it..
    Great fun, keep an open mind.
    I would only meet someone if i had spent sometime e-mailing & speaking on the phone so i had a pretty good idea of the person i was going to meet.

I think it is very different for women, i am very cautious naturally so this was/is a big deal for me. I would want a man to be braver than me iyswim? very open & willing to share more personal details.
    Also allow plenty of time, i think it will be worth the effort.
    Good luck.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Neversayno.com.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I met my g/f of 2 years via OK cupid.It`s free too.

gusamc
    Free Member

as a complete alternative see Spice UK, a multi activity group. (Can be a bit expensive and I’d say ages will average 40+sih… – so maybe ask depending on your age, – however lots of singles and you get to try new things if that’s your bag – weekends away are better for meeting, a lot of the sport events are sport and home – not so much chat.)

otherwise TooTall and “If her picture has her pet in it, leave well alone.” etc etc etc sounds about right, however can I suggest that you also include women who collect garden gnomes in that list.

*edit – re OP, Yes.

lowey

I think its a great way to meet a partner. You can get to know them via email and calls first and then actually meet.

I met my partner on Guardian Soulmates and have never been happier.

hora
    Free Member

I met my partner on Guardian Soulmates and have never been happier

Binners?

bwaarp
    Free Member

Binners?

Or TandemJeremy?

binners

Don’t be silly! You know the score, when it comes to dating Hora….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlGclIZV5JQ&feature=fvwrel[/video]

schmiken

I used OKCUpid and got married (only last week!) to a lass I met on there.

hora
    Free Member

Thank goodness that I’m not single. If I was you wouldn’t hear a whisper of me on here for months- I’d be on all the dating sites rinsing through the females. Being greedy and’ ‘all 😀

binners

Is ‘rinsing’ the approved technical term?

bwaarp
    Free Member

Rinsing implies cleaning them? Would you not be dirtying them up, so in Binners case….soiling them?

logical
    Free Member

Thank goodness that I’m not single. If I was you wouldn’t hear a whisper of me on here for months- I’d be on all the dating sites rinsing through the females. Being greedy and’ ‘all

Then advertising them for sale on Classifieds a week later! 😛

foxylaydee
    Free Member

Hi – from a female perspective, i think online dating is worth a shot. I have done so in the past and being a single mum doesn’t make you an attractive prospect to most guys. Ive been out with a couple of guys from this very site but that wasn’t intended – just the mutual love of bikes 🙂
    I think you can easily tell the fruit loops from the genuine people.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Listened to the London Real Podcast called “Don’t Hate the Player”

All about being a Pick Up Artist, the speel :-

Pick-up Artist Nic Krauser joins us to talk about his journey from divorce to mastering ‘Game’ with women, how men are attracted to beauty and women are attracted to confidence, why ‘Game’ can help a man in a relationship, how women are honest to their emotions in the moment, and why pick-up routines can be a substitute to addressing one’s inner demons.

Quite interesting techniques which I’d definitely consider adopting should I not be a pussy whipped beta male.

Just had a quick google and there seems to be a whole subculture of pick up artists and a whole industry from books to videos to courses to support them.

nicko74

Ive been out with a couple of guys from this very site but that wasn’t intended – just the mutual love of bikes

Oh come on, you can’t leave it at that – spill the beans! 😉

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Oh come on, you can’t leave it at that – spill the beans!

Is that a direct quote???

foxylaydee
    Free Member

sorry nicko74 – i signed a 50 Shades style ‘contract’ so i am not at liberty to spill any beans 😉

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Do it! It won’t be long before you’re banging like a shithouse door in a gale.

hora
    Free Member

foxylaydee hello, why not make it three? 8)

Scamper
    Free Member

You certainly have to put some effort in. In the end I had a standard pro forma introduction i sent out to good lookinginteresting looking profiles, sometimes tweeked slightly for the recipient. Always best to remember to change the name at the top, mind. Oh, and the chances of sending the same pro forma to two friends, both on the dating site are not as slim as you’d think either. Spent some time pefecting my dating lasagne too.

kayak23

Was with someone for 3 years off Guardian Soulmates, split up in the last 8 months or so, so no, it doesn’t work… 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

met my missus on line – more viable I think for older types as you tend to not meet new people on a regular basis.

As this thread shows you get broadly two types

1. lots of dates, nothing serious, use routines, serially dates seeing a few folk
    2. Folk who actually want a monogomous or serious relationship

Make sure you are dating somone with the same outlook as you
    Make sure you take advice from someone who got the same as you want

binners

Spent some time perfecting my dating lasagne too.

What’s that a euphemism for then? I’m going to be really disappointed if you’re genuinely referring to pasta.

Dickyboy

bit like shooting fish in a barrel, except you wouldn’t want to take many home for tea

standard pro forma introduction

oh how romantic

logical
    Free Member

What’s that a euphemism for then? I’m going to be really disappointed if you’re genuinely referring to pasta.

I have a cheesecake!

Met the Mrs online. Been together 5 years and still happy. Through love@lycos but thats gone now.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Dating Lasagne sounds like an epic iPhone auto correct to me

Edric64
    Free Member

first girl I went on a date with I am now engaged to. So it worked for me

I`m : in that situation as well I get married next year 😀

randomjeremy
    Free Member

I tell you what sucks, a mate joining match.com and finding your current (serious) partner’s profile on there. That sucks.

binners

😯

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Excellent, tell us more! 😀

mudshark
    Free Member

Link?

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Mate of a mate, let’s just say there were fireworks.

peakmonster
    Free Member

Can I have a copy of the standard introduction e-mail?
    That would help a fair it I think 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

Hi
    I saw your profile pics and I would just like to say your tits look fantastic

Any chance I can have a go on them?

They like the understated humour of this…No hionestly they do
    Good luck

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Online dating ( should I ?)’ is closed to new replies.