Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 630 total)
  • Online dating help…
  • piemonster

Yes, I’m sure that’s exactly how it words

Possibly

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Likes lazy Sunday mornings, breakfast in bed and Terry’s Chocolate Orange.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Likes raisins, xt rotors and cheeky logins.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Likes Rohloff lube, Magura hose clamps and 50mm O-Rings.

scaled
    Free Member

Boys, why didn’t you warn me about the drunken 2am phone calls.

Had too ask her politely to delete my number.

Nutter

hammyuk
    Free Member

gofasterstripes – Member
    Likes Rohloff lube, Magura hose clamps and 50mm O-Rings.

And eyes watered at the PA thread…..

scaled
    Free Member

I was amazed by the number of fake profiles. You can generally spot them, they look just a bit too attractive… And if you drag the picture into Google images, it’s usually all over the web with suggested search terms such as “Cute brunette”!

That’s a **** marvelous idea

joshvegas
    Free Member

Inspired by this thread I signed up.

So far one girl wants to meet me, being pregnant is one way to get round the no kids criteria!

And a pictureless profile is trying to chat to me!

adjustablewench
    Free Member

seriously?! (the pregnant one not the pictureless one)

To be honest I signed up out of curiosity – put a pic up too, but rapidly took it off.

Plenty of fish – jeez, more like a bucket of piranhas. since then i haven’t summoned up the courage to look much further into it

*climbs back on familiar old shelf*

bikebouy
    Free Member

Likes sanity, professionalism and Elgar.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

(dis)Likes contemplating if Bikebouy is my boss, running away and hiding

hammyuk
    Free Member

“Climbs up on shelf to kick wench back down” 😉
    And runs off to do a username search…….

cbike
    Free Member

POF is no different to real life and probably safer in some aspects as you will have some history already before you meet. Unless you only go out with your pals.

There are genuine folk that are hard to find and plenty players and weirdos. The same rules apply. Its just more efficient. The old profiles and fake ones are a bit annoying.

Take the initiative, The ladies do get bombarded though, according to the other half.

oldnick

Likes lurking looking and licking

joshvegas
    Free Member

Its been 24 hours now, I think I might need to work on my profile some more.

Spin class is a valid first date right?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

joshvegas likes : wobbling around on the spot, breathing very hard and sweating?

adjustablewench
    Free Member

alot of people on Pof look like they could do that without the aid of a spin class

Edit: Bad me – making all the rather large unfit men feel uncomfortable about their body image . . . . bringing equality to the world or stooping to the lows of others that impose similar pressures on women

(or just me taking the p!ss slightly 😆 )

DezB
    Free Member

See that documentary about online dating last night?
    Basically you’re going to be defrauded out of 1000s of quids if you reply to anyone online!

Likes Scaremongering, sensationalism and bollocks journalism.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Spurred on by this thread I also signed up to POF and had a couple of “would like to meet” requests. No message, no “I saw you and we have a mutual love of whatever”, just an automated impersonal request. Maybe I am old fashioned but I’d like a hello at least!

adjustablewench
    Free Member

No DezB – but i am not really a TV person, and not really into the idea of parting with cash for that kind of service. I know it may work for some but i’m really not convinced about online dating at all so doubt i will be losing buckets of cash anytime soon. Will save the cash for bikes and to feed an army of cats in my old age 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Spin class is a valid first date right

Only if it is euphemism 😉

making all the rather large unfit men feel uncomfortable about their body image

you should see the pics of the women who claim they go to the gym and the term average seems to cover a multitude of shapes and sizes!

Likes: long delays between updates,sideburns and the smell of napalm in the morning

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

Likes lazy Sunday mornings, breakfast in bed and Terry’s Chocolate Orange.

Part of my dream involved a chocolate organge last night. I can’t remember the rest of the details………possibly a blessing in disguise!

bigblackshed

After the numerous POF posts about peoples profiles, I had a quick look to satisfy my curiosity and to royally take the piss. Unfortunately you have to sign up post a profile before you can browse. Too much effort.

Likes easy to view profiles, sweaty spin classes and newly waterproofed bike jackets.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Just google POF search and you get the basic search and can view profiles without signing up 😉

adjustablewench
    Free Member

you should see the pics of the women who claim they go to the gym and the term average seems to cover a multitude of shapes and sizes!

yes, i was slightly confused with the categories – until i worked out athletic obviously meant someone who leaves the TV and sofa for leisure as well as work!

bikebouy
    Free Member

*Likes Ballet, Laura Ashley dresses and Jammie Dodgers 😉

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Maybe I am old fashioned but I’d like a hello at least!

The “Would like to meet” feature is only available to women – I think it’s a good thing… The online equivalent of a smile across a crowded room.

It might seem old-fashioned, but the majority of women on there expect the man to take the initiative and send the first message. The “Would Like To Meet” is their way of undoing another button on their blouse, twiddling with their hair and seductively felating an olive on a cocktail stick at the bar… Trust me, I know women… 😉

joshvegas
    Free Member

If its only available to women, the girls aren’t replying because I am a rough looking lesbian.

I am definitely worse at online dating than offline dating, i didn’t think that was possible!

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

I had a girl message me on pof last night saying

hot!!

that made me feel good 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

that made me feel good

It should! She’s got the central heating on, so she must be LOADED! 🙂

Mister-P
    Free Member

That would be great Shib, if they weren’t all mid 40s and look like they are on first name terms with the staff at Greggs.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Shibboleth – Member
    The “Would like to meet” feature is only available to women – I think it’s a good thing… The online equivalent of a smile across a crowded room.

PoF FAIL Shib – it’s available to guys too in the App and via browser

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Really? I know you can scroll through clicking yes/no/maybe, but what’s the thing that’s only available to women? It actually says “this is only available to women” when you get the message… Is it “express an interest” or something like that?

I’m afraid I’ve not been on for a few months… Otherwise occupied you see 😉

hammyuk
    Free Member

The “yes/no/maybe” is the Meet Me part but Yep – “expresses an interest” is something they get.
    Basically ALL of the dating sites are geared towards getting men to foot the bill.
    Even being able to “hide your profile” is now only available if you “upgrade” :-/

Junkyard
    Free Member

Otherwise occupied you see

You bought a mirror 😛

DezB
    Free Member

I know you can scroll through clicking yes/no/maybe

When I first went on the site, this was like a bizarre computer game… later I’d be walking around the shops and couldn’t help but do the Yes/No/Maybe thing with women walking past. Wrong. So very wrong.

Junkyard
    Free Member

would anyone contact someone who had said maybe?
    its like saying only if I was pissed/desperate surely

DEZ for years I used to involuntary whistle fat bottomed girls by Queen – i am not even a fan- when i saw a lady who fitted this description.
    Now i notice and stop.
    No idea why I do this but yes its wrong 😳

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I always whistle/sing Bicycle Race when I unlock one of mine 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

would anyone contact someone who had said maybe?

They wouldn’t know. It’s like a “save for later” (I think)

hammyuk
    Free Member

Yep – correct DezB

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 630 total)

The topic ‘Online dating help…’ is closed to new replies.