Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Online bike bits: reliable next day delivery?
  • nedrapier

Morning all,

I need a few bits for the weekend. ‘puter, bar wrap, stem, saddle maybe. This time last year I’d have happily ordered from CRC on a Tuesday with no concerns about not having the stuff by the weekend.

Different story now though, I’m guessing even those who’ve said they’ve never had problems would be more cautious about urgent stuff.

How are SJS, Merlin, Wiggle at the moment?

Cheers!

I’ll say obviously LBS now, just to get it out of the way. I may end up going to them.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Merlin tend to be the quickest for me.

Just about everytime i have ordered the item has arrived the next day.

rocketman
    Free Member

No probs with CRC at the moment ordered some bits from them yesterday and got the despatch notice this morning.

Although it’s a faff I’ve found that ordering bits separately can speed things up you will get several boxes instead of one but it seems to work

skiboy
    Free Member

i ordered some XO shifters from CRC saturday pm, arrived a few hrs ago.
    RM first class.

I have had problems last year but ordered 4K’s worth of parts over a 4 month period, i would say 50% were well behind delivery dates, the longest wait being 3 months,

still use CRC as much as ever.

same old complaints on here, but only say 20 people complain, 10,000 don’t.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I placed 2 orders with crc last week. One took 2 days to despatch (and was sent parcelforce 48) the other was 6 days before despatch (RM). All in stock items.

Merlin always arrives next day for me, wiggle nearly always arrives next day (assuming I order in the morning).

R.lepecha

It may be better to go to your LBS. Merlin are normally quite quick. Wiggle dispatch quick but RM seem to take forever with their parcels..

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

If you want to guarantee delivery then pay for next day/ priority dispatch.

Scamper
    Free Member

Ordered some stuff friday from Merlin for next day/priority despatch. Still waiting, but expect it today.

Ordered a tyre y’day at lunch time from Westbrook Cycles. Arrived this morning before i got to work.

thepurist

Last Friday I was building up a new bike when I realised it needed a conventional front mech, and I only had the other type. Placed an order with Merlin for a shiny XT mech at around 2.30 and it arrived on Sat morning – I didn’t even go for priority as I still had a hardtail to ride if it didn’t show up. I didn’t even consider CRC/Wiggle as they’ve usually become 2-3 days.

uplink
    Free Member

High on Bikes have delivered everything I’ve ordered from them recently [6 or 7] by the next morning without fail

msjhes2
    Free Member

Not a lot of help but I ordered some tyres for Just Riding Along at 4 PM yesterday and they arrived this morning!

Ordered some cables from CRC last week and they took a week to arrive.

arcoolc
    Free Member

I’ve recieved orders very quickly from http://www.parker-international.co.uk/ in the past.

Very good prices too.

rocketman
    Free Member

Monday’s order from CRC set a new record inasmuch that the bits I ordered were delivered on Tuesday morning before I got the dispatch email

porcaro
    Free Member

Merlin are excellent just now and getting items the next day.
    CRC however are hopeless and very slow now (in terms of delivery and responding to emails) and will not use them again, its so sad to see a once excellent company go in that direction.

cp

merlin are always next day for me – always despatched same day as order.

nedrapier

paid the exttra for next day from Merlin, sounds like I didn’t need to!

got the rest from the NLBNTFOOTWABTTOBS (not-local-but-not-that-far-out-of-the-way-and-better-than-the-others Bike Shop

Ta!

neninja
    Free Member

Evans are slow at the moment. Ordered something on Monday I wanted for the weekend.
    As of today it still hadn’t been shipped because they are too busy.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Online bike bits: reliable next day delivery?’ is closed to new replies.