Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • OneUp V2 top collar
  • jayx2a
    Free Member

Anyone any tips how to unscrew the damn top collar on V2 dropper? This one is so damn tight we just can’t get it to move.

Trying to add a shim but it seems to have been tightened by Thor.

Bigmantrials

Also be aware that it’s only the knurled part that you unscrew, it threads internally into the post outer, unlike most others that screw over the post outer.

reeksy

I did my brand new one today and as mentioned above it shouldn’t be too hard. Tips for more grip: rubber band or rubber glove.

big_scot_nanny

For those kind of jobs I use an old bit of inner tube for grip, does the trick on most things.

(for me, bizarrely, it is most usually on the air side cap on suspension forks)

Kamakazie

Mine was only hand tight. The strap wrench is the right tool for the job though.

Added some grease and mines a bit slow returning now. Hasn’t really helped the rough feel either unfortunately, guessing it’s the keys that’ll bed in after a while.

samwilk200
    Free Member

Mine had a small knock when extending…realigned the white plastic bush so the split was away from the keyways and its now super smooth, worth a check if youve got the top collar off.

jayx2a
    Free Member

Couple of suspect things with my post – think it might be a return job resent out.

Top collar is not moving, looks like the saddle clamp has had a saddle on it at some point. The bottom part looks like its been removed and had some different grease applied.

The Santa Cruz adaptor looks used too as has a lot of rub marks on it and the green is rubbing off.

reeksy

That’s a bit shit!
    Mine wasn’t fully extending straight out the box, but after a dab of grease it seems to be good now.

jayx2a
    Free Member

I’m sending it back for a refund. They do not have any stock left but have ordered a replacement elesewhere!

jayx2a
    Free Member

My 2nd oneup v2 arrived today. Collar comes off but…

The post is not central to the graphics which with OCD I driving me mad lol

With the post in straight and the graphics lined up the seat is off at at angle.

2nd issue – put the v2.1 actuator on and rather than it sitting with the cable at the back its going off sideways! No way to fix as its just threaded like that!

That’s 2 in a row that have been a bit meh!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘OneUp V2 top collar’ is closed to new replies.