Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • OneUp popping it’s collar
  • Premier Icon reeksy
    Free Member

I’ve read about various issues with OneUp droppers, but mine always seems to have other problems. 18 months of ownership and i’ve already had a replacement cartridge on warranty… now i’ve got a different problem.

After cleaning i screw the collar down nice and tight – there’s no cross-threading and it’s good and snug. After a few cycles of drop and return it blows straight through sending the collar up the stanchion. I guess the threads are buggered. Anyone else experienced this?

Back to the supplier I go…

Premier Icon aphex_2k
    Free Member

Shame, I’m in the market for a dropper and the OneUp was ticking lots of boxes. Certainly price wise.

I’m also looking at the XFusion Manic or anything sub $400 AUD

(Also had zero issues with a Spesh command post and a KS Lev Integra on previous bikes).

Premier Icon reeksy
    Free Member

I’ve a newer Brand X on my other bike … no prob’s so far (should i have typed that?)

Premier Icon BearBack
    Free Member

Don’t one-up have a zero downtime policy in the UK also?

Couple of wraps of PTFE tape for now?

Premier Icon reeksy
    Free Member

Not in the UK, but yes, PFTE had occurred to me. My Australian supplier is out of refurb kits for the V2 currently … but with the cartridge they shipped from Europe direct so perhaps they’ll offer that option.

Premier Icon chakaping

Shame, I’m in the market for a dropper and the OneUp was ticking lots of boxes. Certainly price wise.

I wouldn’t let one unusual problem put you off.

They are not perfect and I’ve had a couple of minor issues, but support is very good and they are still probably the best option in terms of stack height, reliability & price combo.

Never had your problem OP, but I do find I need to lift and regrease the collar more often than I’d expect on one of my mine.

Premier Icon dcwhite1984
    Free Member

Ive got a one up on my hard tail and personally wouldnt buy another – sensitive to air pressure and seat post clamp pressure, doesnt do well in UK winter/muddy conditions.

On my FS i have a crank brothers highline which i have had no issues with at all pretty much set and forget.
    Only thing is that its a slightly slower return rate which apparently they did to improve longevity.
    This is my second highline, my first was a lot smaller drop but thats still going strong on a mates bike (4 years) and its only ever needed a new cable once.

Great dropper a a reasonable price, wouldnt be any other post on my list next tiem round.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.