Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Oneup or revive dropper
  • sam1988
    Free Member

I’m after a new dropper for my whyte. I’ve always used reverb but my current one is being a little temperamental so wanting to try somthing else. I’ve looked into the oneup and bike yoke droppers. The bike yoke has its bleed function so no more saggy posts, the oneup looks a quality post but it’s like half the price? anybody use either?

honourablegeorge

Use a BikeYoke, find it brilliant. So smooth in operation, zero issues. 185 drop. Prefer it to Reverb and Transfer on other bikes. Pricy though.

singlespeedstu

Got several revives and one oneup.
    Both good posts.
    Revives feel smoother.
    One up as you say is a lot cheaper and also comes in a 210 drop.
    All have been pretty problem free.
    I did have a minor problem with one of the revives and emailed Bike Yoke.
    Saki emailed back the next day with an answer then rang me a couple of days later to check everything was OK.Top service. 😎

ogden
    Free Member

I’ve got a first generation one up dropper and it’s the first dropper I’ve never had any issues with, I wouldn’t hesitate to get another.

The PNW BACHELOR DROPPER POST seems to get decent reviews. I don’t know anything about it but it may be worth a look?

RickDraper
    Free Member

Considered the new Reverb C1? It has a vent valve under the saddle clamps to reset the post should it start to sag.

chiefgrooveguru

I’ve got two Revive 185 posts (one the Max 34.9mm version). They are not cheap but they are bloody good. I’m pretty hopeful the purchase cost will be justified by reduced servicing costs and long lifespan…

Poopscoop

Either the One Up or the Brand X.👍

andytheadequate
    Free Member

I have the 200mm PNW Bachelor and it’s a really nice bit of kit. Haven’t had it long enough to comment on reliability though.

Northwind

I have 2 185mm Bikeyokes (I would never have bought two btw, I’m not made of money! But one got stolen, insurance paid out, then I got it back). They are absolutely superb tbh- neither has missed a beat and they’re both pretty much from the first batch you could buy.

I also have an Oneup 210mm, because it goes up to 11. I haven’t used it enough to really comment as pretty much all droppers work well on day 1, but it seems solid and they’ve got some track record. Considering the price it’s pretty ridiculous tbf- as long as it fits in your frame. Which was the problem I had, and why it’s now in my fatbike 🙂

Oh yeah- Oneup make a big noise about low stack height and length, but I’m pretty sure the Bikeyoke actually has them beat for overall length. The PNW looks really nice but if their measurements on teh site are right it’s looooooong. Longer for a 170mm version than for a 185mm bikeyoke in fact.

johnw1984
    Free Member

I’ve had both, prefer the One Up.

First Revive I had went faulty after a month or so. Replacement felt rough and not as nice as the first one.

I’ve had the One Up for nearly a year now and had zero issues. Hardly any play in it at all and has never failed.

Based on price, I’d have the One Up every time. Maybe I just had bad luck with my Revive (and the replacement).

chakaping
    Free Member

Also got both.

Both excellent, BikeYoke feels higher quality and slightly smoother but the way the cable & grub screw attach to actuator is a faff IMO – and has caused the only problems I’ve had with it.

I’d probably get a Brand X next time though, if the sizing worked out.

Not a huge fan of the OneUp lever BTW. BikeYoke is def better and Brand X probably better too.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Not a huge fan of the OneUp lever BTW

Got a 180mm Oneup fitted this week, Wolftooth lever was same price so went with that, haven’t gave it a proper ride yet but if feels good just firing about the locals with it.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Good thread, I’m in the market for a new post and had the oneup post selected due it being able to fit the 180mm with 10mm shims, not sure I can justify the cost but having run a thomson for the last 5 fautless years I’d like the same reliability. Wolftooth lever so not fussed about the lever it comes with.

oikeith

I have the PNW 170mm Bachelor, great post, much preferred to the crankbros highline it replaced! The included Loam lever is excellent as well. Post goes up and down with no fuss, very minimal side to side play. I do recommend!

sam1988
    Free Member

Thanks for the input. The the bike yoke easy to service? And the oneup just has a cartridge like a brandx?

deanfbm
    Free Member

pnw and oneup posts are both basically brand x posts.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If you have the woolftooth, my lbs sells bare 180 for 159 quid Golfchick

https://www.sprocketscycles.com/oneup-dropper-v2?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7pacn_ne5AIVUcjeCh2FqwKzEAQYASABEgJi9fD_BwE

jayx2a
    Free Member

I dont think OneUp and Brand X are the same? One up is much shorter insertion?

The v2.1 actuator makes a big difference and the new V2 lever is better.

deanfbm
    Free Member

oneup is same as brand x but dropped rail clamp, and custom collar and actuator, so just the height stuff. the mechanical/hydraulic stuff is identical. just stripped both and compared side by side.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Crank Brothers Highline

GavinB

Just bought a couple of OneUp posts for my boys, having only ever had Reverbs before (and had the usual problems of post movement, sag and bleeding/pressure adjustments).

Got them from Sprockets (linked above), and they arrived super-fast and work so well I’m seriously considering selling my 170mm drop Reverb, and getting a OneUp. The most noticeable difference to the Reverb is the ease of actuation – a very gentle push on the lever is all that is needed, rather than the more powerful push on a Reverb. My boys cannot get a Reverb remote to move, whilst they immediately found the OneUp a doddle.

Akers

This thread has been quite timely for me, as I’ve been thinking about a longer post for a while, for more clearance on super steep descents and jumps. The 125mm Fox Transfer I have works well but is long for the amount of drop it provides.
    I’ve ordered a 160mm Revive which should fit my frame with a few millimetres to spare in terms of insertion length for my saddle height. The ‘Triggy lever that come with the Revive also mounts directly to Matchmaker, which is handy for me.
    One-up looks good value, but the 150mm wasn’t enough in terms of increased drop and a 180mm shimmed down to 160mm would be too long to fit my frame.

exsee
    Free Member

The revive is the best dropper I’ve used, the action is so light and smooth.
    I would buy the one up or brand x :o) definitely not as good but good enough

honourablegeorge

Akers

One-up looks good value, but the 150mm wasn’t enough in terms of increased drop and a 180mm shimmed down to 160mm would be too long to fit my frame.

OneUp has pretty much lowest stack of all of them, i thought.

Edit – apparently not, according to Northwind. Unless he’s got his inserted upside-down 🙂

robowns
    Free Member

I’ve had both.
    First gen Revive was a bit of agg, had to use the revive function all of the time, might be because of how I stored the bike/transported.

The one up is a bit of agg too, I have to change the cable every couple of months, if mud gets in it just makes it sloppy and hard to get a full extension. I need to change it now, the seat only returns 3/4 of the way and I have to pull it up by hand.

kimbers

deanfbm

pnw and oneup posts are both basically brand x posts.

just get a brand-x

Northwind

honourablegeorge

OneUp has pretty much lowest stack of all of them, i thought.

Edit – apparently not, according to Northwind. Unless he’s got his inserted upside-down

I think it probably does have the lowest stack, but the overall length matters too for in-frame clearance, and that’s where it loses out to Bikeyoke, by my estimate by about 15mm. Of course this is all a bit complicated because the ends of the posts are different shapes so one might clear a frame bit while the other doesn’t.

Akers

One up is possibly the shortest for a given size but if you have to shim a One-Up 180 down for use as a 170 or 160mm extension, you still have the longer body of a 180 under the collar, which can be a problem on frames with a kinked seat tube.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve seen sprocket cycles good price but I need the V2.1 actuator because my new frame is a new hightower. Not sure if it still works out as cheap to buy the actuator separately.

sam1988
    Free Member

I’m being drawn to the oneup. I could possibly just squeeze a 210mm drop in. If not drop it down to 200mm. I wasn’t aware they are the same internally as brand x. I’ve had two brand x posts. Apart from the early levers being poor and they start to get alittle slop that been ok

Northwind

Akers

Subscriber

One up is possibly the shortest for a given size but if you have to shim a One-Up 180 down for use as a 170 or 160mm extension, you still have the longer body of a 180 under the collar, which can be a problem on frames with a kinked seat tube.

True but that’s not what I was getting at. I have a 185mm Revive and about an inch to spare in the frame, when I got the Oneup 210mm it didn’t fit, by a good 10-15mm. So in order to be an inch longer drop, it’s more than an inch longer overall.

I reckon that over time this will matter less and less as long straight seatpost internals get to be more desirable- frankly I reckon an enduro bike that can’t take at least a 170mm dropper is basically failing at the job, and being able to take a really long one should be as important a design consideration as head angle, wheelbase etc.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Oneup or revive dropper’ is closed to new replies.