Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Oneup, one down, Oneup… repeat
  • reeksy

At my wit’s end with this dropper. It goes down on spec… But then it comes up again. And goes down again unbidden.
    Have serviced it, tried multiple inner and outers and am teetering on the point of a stroke. My wife even bought a cup of tea out to check on me! (Second time in 15 years I reckon!)
    Anyone had actuators (V2) die on them?

Shackleton

Does it work properly with the seat clamp loose? I’ve seen comments that they are sensitive to clamp force.

ogden
    Free Member

Is it a v1 one up dropper? When you say services it do you mean you stripped it down and re-greased it or you bought a service kit? Mine did this and they had revised the white bushing design which fixed the problem. I have noticed I need to pop a bit of fork grease under the seal about once a month to keep it smooth though.

Also, they don’t like to be clamped too tight so a bit of fibre grip and less force helps.

reeksy

Oh yeah, I’ve adjusted bloody everything, including collar, seat clamp, air pressure.

ogden
    Free Member

Did you replace the white bushing with the updated design?

reeksy

It’s V2

joebristol

Has it definitely got the revised actuator so it’s the cable that moves rather than the outer cable? I’m sure when I was looking there were v2 posts but without the newer actuator.

Mines got the newer actuator (anodised green) abs it’s a v2 and it’s been largely problem free. Although it did slow down the return about a month or so ago – I popped the top collar and cleaned the white bushing and where it sits (looked a bit mucky) and stuck some slick honey grease on it which sorted it.

In comparison my 2x Brand X posts have been flawless and not needed any attention at all. I think they run the same cartridge inside as the Oneup – I wonder if Oneup have compromised on the sealing to get a lower stack height.

reeksy

Pretty sure it’s the V2 actuator. I’ve done the strip down and regrease twice and the bushing grease a dozen times in the year I’ve had it.
    Definitely tempted by Brand X next time!

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Does it work as designed out of the frame without cable etc? Assume pressure is right? Have you spoken to One-up?

reeksy

I’ve never got the actuator to actuate out of the frame. Sending a video to the vendor now to see if they’ll warranty it.
    Having a bad run of it in 2020 and it’s getting worse!
    Two broken frames by August, then snapped a Mavic crossmax axle on Monday, now this dropper. Next thing there’s gonna be some global disaster I bet!

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

2.1 actuator here and easily doable without the cable. Is it the 2 or 2.1? One-up are pretty good CS wise

reeksy

It’s the V2. Looks quite different to the 2.1 as the actuating part of the actuator is tucked up inside.

reeksy

Pulled it out again today to have another look. It just cycles regardless of the actuator. There’s a 2 year warranty apparently.

hainman
    Free Member

I had issues with my V1 and it was under warranty still so I was given full refund and asked to return the old post
    So bought the v2.1 as it was an excellent post

SirHC

Get in contact with OneUp, they will get you sorted really quickly.

Sounds like the actuator at the top of the cartridge is faulty, causing it to go up and down of its own accord.

mudmonster
    Free Member

I’ve never got the actuator to actuate out of the frame.

I had the v2 actuator and couldn’t understand why I couldn’t get it to actuate out of the frame while pulling on the cable. If you push the housing instead of pulling the cable it should work.

I later bought the v2 actuator but because of the design of my frame and actuator the cable was at a sharp angle going to the actuator. It was constantly pulling the cable so wouldn’t stay down. I ended up filing part of my frame to straighten it up. This solved that problem but didn’t’t stop the post rotating in the frame or binding when I tightened the clamp. Someone made me a 25mm deep double bolt clamp. Now everything works fine.

chakaping
    Free Member

Did you replace the white bushing with the updated design?

Anyone know if replacing this helps the post re-extend fully more consistently?

I seem to be re-greasing increasingly often to stop it sticking part-way up.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Oneup, one down, Oneup… repeat’ is closed to new replies.