Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • OneUp dropper post actuator v2.1
  • kelvin

Anyone know anything about this? Looks to move the cable to the rear, rather than the centre, of the bottom of the post… which would be super handy when squeezing the new longer drop posts into lots of full sus frames.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0558/5501/files/V2_to_V2-1_actuator_swap.pdf?577&_ga=2.225886170.1112267954.1561414337-599737274.1522235418

roverpig

Interesting. It also looks as though the inner cable pulls down to actuate the dropper (rather than the outer pushing up as on v2.0) which would address another complaint that some folk have. Looks as though it’s a pretty simple swap too.

fathomer

Hadn’t paid any attention to the actual location of the cable but OneUp posted on MTBR that it’ll mean the inner moves to actuate the post not the outer. A problem with the newer Santa Cruz’s. And my Cotic 😁

I’ve ordered one along with a new 180mm post!

kelvin

Brilliant news. I have the 160mm V1 working well in my Rocket, but there isn’t much room for cable movement in the FlareMAX and RocketMAX seatube if you want the longer drop. I may have to upgrade to a 180mm v2.1 next year… you can’t have too much drop… can you. Let us know how you get on.

fathomer

@kelvin will do, it’s my only frustration with the bike at the minute ‘only’ having 150mm drop. Now if I could just find a cheap, longer drop externally routed post for the Soul……….

kelvin

Mine’s 170mm, thinking about it, so I won’t be changing. But this is a welcome addition for an already well thought out post.

fathomer

So I said I’d let you know how I was getting on with the new post. Really well, the V2.1 actuator works exactly as it should. However I’ve had to lube the post a couple of times as it was returning really slowly.

orangespyderman

However I’ve had to lube the post a couple of times as it was returning really slowly.

Check the air pressure and make sure that you pressure it up to the recommended pressure with the post fully extended (not partially dropped like I did… doh! 😐 )

bungalistic
    Free Member

Has anyone bought the new v2.1 actuator, any real world experiences, better, worse, no different?

Bigmantrials

I have one on a new 210mm post that I should be fitting either tonight or tomorrow. I will do my best to provide some initial feedback on it. I ran a 170mm V1 prior to the V2.

fathomer

@orangespyderman thanks, I’ll give it a check when I get round to removing the saddle.

bungalistic

Subscriber
    Has anyone bought the new v2.1 actuator, any real world experiences, better, worse, no different?

It basically means the post works for me, I had a V1 170mm that just wouldn’t work for me due to very little space in the seat tube of my FlareMAX. I personally think moving the outer to actuate a post is a daft idea.

bungalistic
    Free Member

The v2 one works in my Solaris Max but had same issue on the Flaremax it was just too tight so I had to run another post. I’ll grab a v2.1 one and give it a go again.

jayx2a
    Free Member

This should work on my Trek Fuel I think. Even my 150mm version 1 is pretty tight with the cable in the centre.

jayx2a
    Free Member

Ordered and went with the 2.1 actuator as was same price. I’m presuming it’s a separate part and needs installing as per OP.

I only have torque wrench so can you just tighten the 17mm wrench and just not over tighten?!

jayx2a
    Free Member

I see the small bolts are 1.5nm too – wrench only goes down to 3. How tight is 1.5nm? Not very I imagine?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘OneUp dropper post actuator v2.1’ is closed to new replies.