Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Oneup dropper lever feel, dropping post when weighted
  • sam1988
    Free Member

A few rides in on my new oneup dropper, I’ve a few questions for owners of this post, coming from a reverb which didn’t do this.

Dropping the post when sitting down requires alot more force than when its un weighted. Is this normal? I’ve adapted my riding style to lift of rhe saddle slightly before compressing the post.

My other question is lever feel, I’m running a wolftooth remote, light action lever, also used the normal lever, jagwire dropper cable kit as the whyte t130 is a little tight routing over the bottom bracket. There seems to be no stop in the lever travel, feels like I could keep pushing it till the cable snapped, my other bike has a brand x post and one of them ebay ztto levers, pushing that lever it has a hard stop and feels much nicer?

argee

Probably just the valve operating that’s the issue, normal on all, you are going from closed to open initially, so it’ll feel slightly stiffer to move, whereas when you unweight and operate it you are depressing the lever and just lowering whilst the valve is fully open.

Routing is always a nightmare, the T130 was one of the worst, especially carbon ones, just check that there’s no issues with the routing, maybe even change the cable, it’s a simple two minute job, but you may find that it’s hard to operate this way due to some gunk being in either end causing issues on operating the actuator, the two ends are where you usually get crap build up, i just had to replace a cable on my dropper due to this, it’s only been in for a month or so but fixed the issue, and honestly for under 2 quid it’s not a fortune, plus it’ll keep the cable outer from any build up.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Got 3 of these posts now. The lever feel isn’t as nice as other posts but I think this a compromise due to the insanely short stack height they have achieved for the post. Everything is so compacted that the actuation part on the bottom has very little throw giving the lever an on/off feel.

The second issue I have had too…it seems to develop stiction in the seal head very quickly which makes it hard to get moving. This seems to be because there is sod all grease in there. Fortunately it only takes a few mins to disassemble. I cleaned and poured a generous amount of fox float fluid inside and its been fine for last 2 months.

They are not perfect but I like them for the drop and the price.

sam1988
    Free Member

Ive only had a reverb and a brand x to compare to, the lever feel on the oneup feels worse. The post itself seems well built and very little play and goes up and down smoothly but its hard to get to drop when I’m sitting on it, so thing my other two posts don’t do.

The lever doesn’t feel on and off to me, there is alot of throw and it doesn’t seem to stop, can push it further than the point the post is actuated .

ndthornton
    Free Member

I’d check your cable routing then if its that bad. All 3 of mine feel the same…not as plush as a fox or reverb but perfectly fine.

Definitely try dumping a descent amount of thick suspension lube in there. Will sort your stiction issue out

ndthornton
    Free Member

Oh one other thing…do you have the version 2.1 actuator on the bottom of the post? The version 2 caused a lot of trouble on some frames including mine as it moves the outer instead of the inner cable. Naff design that can cause rubbing on the frame

GolfChick
    Free Member

Dont need to unweight mine in order to get it to drop but on point 2 yes totally agree so much so I want to bin the thing. The routing on the low slung SC frames I think is to blame and the fact the actuator takes a ridiculous amount of force to move. I’ve had to tighten the wolftooth remote beyond tight to get it to hold the cable strong enough to actuate the post and it always feels like at any minute it will release the cable. It seems to be holding for not but the lever feels rubbish and super stiff to move.

nixie

I had a wolftooth with the shorter lever on a transfer that was always fine. Swapped the post to a oneup for more travel and the same lever/cable felt like my thumb was going to break. It’s better with the light action lever now but still not as easy as the transfer (now on a different bike with ztto lever).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Oneup dropper lever feel, dropping post when weighted’ is closed to new replies.