Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • OneUp Carbon Bars?
  • prezet
    Free Member

Anyone own/used them? Genuinely interested if the oval profile makes a difference and if it helps with hand fatigue before I drop £100 on some.

ta11pau1

This may help.

Seems the claims are legitimate.

prezet
    Free Member

Thanks, yes I’ve seen that – Worldwide Cyclery also sell them though, so hard to tell if it’s at all biased.

walleater

I’ve got the new 35mm rise bars. I’ve previously used Chromag OSX 35mm alloy bars, RF Next carbon and Bontrager Line Pro carbon bars as well as others. I think I used the Chromag bar for around 3 rides and sums up why 35mm diameter bars get a reputation for being harsh. I sold it. The RF and Bonty bar felt ‘normal’ compared to a 31.8mm aluminium bar and were fine. To be honest, the main reason for going with the One Up bar was wanting the 35mm rise and I got a deal, but there’s no escaping the fact that the bar is more flexible than my other carbon bars. It does what is advertised and is noticeable as soon as I jumped on the bike and yanked on it. I get what the guy in the video above is saying about stiffer bars being better for out of the saddle climbing, but seated climbing is more efficient so it’s a bit of a moot point.
    I do use carbon prep on the brake levers as the bar seems very slightly undersized compared to others and the levers wanted to move too easily, but that seems to have sorted the issue.

prezet
    Free Member

@walleater – thanks for the feedback, by carbon prep, do you mean some kind of paste? Did you also have to use it on the stem/bar interface?

schmiken

They’re great, I’m a big fan. I need to cut mine down to 760ish though.

walleater

Yep that gritty paste. I only used it on the brake lever clamps. The center of the bar feels fine.

Poopscoop

^^ Best to use the non gritty carbon paste as it leaves no marks whatsoever. About the same price too and works just as well. The name escapes me but it’s come up on other threads on here so a search or quick post will reveal the name.

Interesting review on the bars, thanks.👍

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Syntace Vector carbon are the ‘softest’ bars I’ve used, and I’m a big fan of them, although they aren’t cheap. I recently hired a bike out in the Alps with std alloy bars and the difference was pretty clear.

The OneUps look to have some potential though.

nickc

I think I used the Chromag bar for around 3 rides and sums up why 35mm diameter bars get a reputation for being harsh. I sold it

It is a chunky bit of kit, and stiff as a board, the only 35mm bars that ever came close for “discomfort” were the Renthal. However, if it’s carbon, the Chromag  OSX carbon 35mm bars are, I think, the comfiest bars I’ve ever used,  recently spend two days down at BPW and could notice quite a lot less arm fatigue, and just about the perfect shape for me.

Apologies, now you have the “tyranny of choice” to go along with trying to decide if £100 is too much to spend on handlebars… 🙂

Rubber_Buccaneer

Do these OneUp bars cause any problems mounting lights, computers, etc? I’m not 100% sure where the shaped bit starts and ends

prezet
    Free Member

@Rubber_Buccaneer – I posed the same question to OneUp directly and didn’t get a reply.

Northwind

Really interested to try these- I had a set of Enves that were pretty orrible, rock hard. Most bars I’ve had are just sort of unnoticable but the Crank Bros CObalts I have on the fatbike are hilariously soft and bendy, they’d be horrible on an enduro bike as they bend in all directions but they work great on that one. So a tamed version of that could be excellent.

fatbikeandcoffee
    Free Member

Just got a pair and can confirm no issues with Wahoo mount or lights, just works.

Comfort wise I’ve had just one ride so can’t really add anything as I am still tweaking.

James

dirtydog
    Free Member

^^ Best to use the non gritty carbon paste as it leaves no marks whatsoever. About the same price too and works just as well. The name escapes me but it’s come up on other threads on here so a search or quick post will reveal the name.

Motrorex.

jayx2a
    Free Member

I find my FatBar lites pretty comfortable even though some find them the opposite.

Worst bars I tried were the RF Next (not the R). They mullered my wrists.

Could be down the the sweep though.

My LBS now stick Deity and they tell me the Skywire is a comfortable bar.

They have started doing OneUp stuff so will see what they think of them!

kimbers

I found raceface Sixc very stiff in 35mm, hand numbess on long descents, renthal carbons (also 35mm) are a huge improvement.

Do on one still do their knuckleballs in chewy? I have the hard versions in 31.8 and they are pretty comfy & I got them on sale for £35 or so

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’ve also ridden a few Renthal carbons and they are significantly stiffer than the Syntaces I mentioned above. They certainly wouldn’t be my choice for a comfy bar.

tdog
    Free Member

Neither would Enve from my experience though Newer Eastons seem real good but might be biased as ya know … > 🤣

tdog
    Free Member

I personally would go check out RUST bars as they I know are v v good feeling

Cheap by a country mile than their much heavier competition from Thomson

Northwind

My neighbour’s sponsored by rust and man, the bars are gorgeous. I don’t know if they’re any good, I still want them

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘OneUp Carbon Bars?’ is closed to new replies.