• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by cp.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • OnePlus 8 Pro?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hey,

Does anyone have a OnePlus 8 Pro? I’ve got a OnePlus 6 at the moment, and thinking of upgrading.

What annoys me about the 6 is the curved screen, where putting a screen protector means either using one with a black surround – losing some of the screen, or using one without and having a halo effect around the screen.

Anyone running a 8 Pro? Anything else I should consider? I’m wanting 120hz, 8GB+ of DDR5 RAM, 128GB SSD, FHD+ ideally QHD screen…..

Cheers!

Ricks

Jamze

Looking at the reviews, the 8 Pro still has the curved display (more curved that the 6 I reckon), whereas the 8T has gone back to flat.

I have a 7T Pro at the moment and agree the curved screen looks cool, but you get accidental touches just holding the phone and screen protectors distort and lift at the edges quickly.

So the 8T looks a good buy if you’re already happy with OnePlus and can live without QHD. Or hang on for the 8T Pro?

joepud
    Free Member

6T user and starting to think about upgrading. How about the Nord? im not sure I even need half the stuff in a “premium” phone any more when the budget ones are so good.

rickon
    Free Member

Yeah – I had the same thoughts about the 8t. I don’t think the 8t Pro, or the 9 pro will go back to a flat screen as it doesn’t *look* as premium, even though it’s more usable!

Jamze

im not sure I even need half the stuff in a “premium” phone any more when the budget ones are so good.

I’ve decided this. Just waiting for Black Friday and I’ll swap mine for a midrange, probably a Pixel ‘cos the camera is important to me.

rickon
    Free Member

Yeah, I’d discounted the Nord – but looking at it, it’s essentially the same phone as the 8t. Slightly slower processor, but it’s not noticeable in use. And 90hz vs 120hz screens – again not noticeable unless side-by-side.

The real difference is the faster 60w charging, but to be honest, I don’t care.

Hmmm…. the Nord seems like a much more sensible proposition.

cp

I’ve decided this. Just waiting for Black Friday and I’ll swap mine for a midrange, probably a Pixel ‘cos the camera is important to me.

I’ve just gone with a Pixel 4a. It’s great – genuine one handed use, decent screen size, fantastic camera. Performance for general use is better than a flagship from 2 years ago IMO.

I don’t game on it and DGAF about 120Hz screens 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘OnePlus 8 Pro?’ is closed to new replies.