• This topic has 41 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by thv3.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • OnePlus 3
  • toby1

New phone available to order, anyone jumping on the bandwagon yet?

He says, wishing he had the cash to place an order with!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

The website kept crapping out last night it was being so hammered.

teadrinker
    Free Member

Not yet, I’m still on the first one and until it does I’ll stay with it.

mikertroid
    Free Member

toby,

It looks just then thing I’m after; the only thing I could criticise is the lack of Micro SD slot but dual sim with all the other functions make it a winner for me! Just need to save some more pennies first!

Bregante

I bought the oneplus-2 a week ago and so far very very impressed. It’s bloody huge though.

Jamze

Ordered this morning, stuck with my One for a couple of years and it’s been great. Actually bought the 2 but not happy so sold that. Reviews look positive too

Guardian review…

toby1

Yeah, not having an SD card slot but 64 gig is a tradeoff I guess.

I’ve had both the 1 and 2, one is currently with my wife but she complains loads about the camera function on it.

I like the 2, but it wasn’t as nice to move opo to opt as it was from Nexus 4 to opo.

I work with quite a few One plus users as well and the only complaint I’ve heard is that if you return a handset for a screen replacement they will likely force you to buy a new handset, but given that mine have survived ok I’ve yet to experience it personally.

Bregante, I used someone’s iphone 5 recently, it felt TINY!

steveoath
    Free Member

Prices of the 2 and X have been cut. Ceramic x looks like £60 off!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’ll be moving up from a nexus 4 that’s showing its age somewhat. I expect to be pleased…

Jamze

if you return a handset for a screen replacement they will likely force you to buy a new handset

Smashed mine (my fault, out of warranty), from memory it was around £90, sent my phone off, they shipped me a new/refurb phone back. So yes, I guess you are forced to get another handset – but not at full price.

retro83
    Free Member

Shame they’ve killed the X. I wanted an updated one of those to replace my One which I find slightly too big.

Jamze

Shame they’ve killed the X.

Not killed I don’t think, just a different model. Guess they’ll think about updating that one at some point. At the moment it’s pretty much same as your One in a smaller case.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Not yet, just waiting for the inevitable firmware issues to be ironed out.

Jamze

Ignore that – X has been killed 🙁

dvatcmark
    Free Member

If it ran cyanogen I’d have one on order but I’m a bit unsure about their oxygen OS particularly regarding the support offered regarding future updates.

Probably going to stick with my One for the time being

cp

I’ve jumped, ordered one earlier for the other half.

cp

Actually bought the 2 but not happy so sold that.

What weren’t you happy about?

cp

You can still buy the x… has it been canned?

Jamze

Actually bought the 2 but not happy so sold that.
    What weren’t you happy about?

Performance was not good for me. OK for a few days after a wipe/reinstall, but soon seemed to get bogged down, switching between apps, getting back to the home screen, opening apps. Still had the One at the time and side by side the One (running Cyanogen) was quicker, so went back to it. 810 chip issues?

Anyway, be interested to see if the 3 is better.

retro83
    Free Member

cp – Member
    You can still buy the x… has it been canned?

CEO of OnePlus was saying they won’t do another. https://www.engadget.com/2016/06/15/oneplus-x-series-killed-says-ceo/

Maybe theyre hoping for a blacklash so they can bring it back by popular demand 🙂

cp

Anyway, be interested to see if the 3 is better.

We can compare notes!

Jamze

We can compare notes!

Did you get the 5 business day shipping estimate? Didn’t think that was too bad.

cp

No it’s 8 or something.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Looks good, not tempted me away from my OPX. Camera is still as let which is a bit of a disapointment.

Cheers, Steve

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Looking at the 3 myself, just seems a big screen to have in my pocket at work 🙁
    You can still get the X , just click on store and they still have some models

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Any one had theirs turn up ?? .. first impressions please

scholarsgate
    Free Member

I bought an OPX for my wife. Lovely phone, great screen, expandable storage, what’s not to like? It won’t stream music to her Toyota via bluetooth! Deal breaker! Crappy 1st Gen Moto G did it no problem. Anyone else have problems?

Jamze

Mine turned up early on Saturday. Impressed so far. Build quality spot on, battery life seems OK, but Dash charging means that’s not a big deal anyway as 30mins and you’re charged up again. Will prob get another charger/cable though (£30) as it’s an OPPO/OnePlus special.

Screen is older-tech AMOLED AFAIK – very rich, a bit OTT saturated but does look nice.

Only downside so far is it drops WiFi now and again (it’s connected, but no Internet). Reading the forum that might be the phone trying to switch between networks (I’ve got a real mixture of 2.4/5 GHz, extenders etc.). Some people have said just forcing it to one WiFi band helps.

Android Pay works, bluetooth to car fine, SONOS works – I’m happy, big improvement over the 2 I had and will now get rid of the One.

Camera what you’d expect on a decent smartphone. Quick focus, some manual control, does HDR in camera, video is up to 4K (not tried that).

A few pics…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/HrGLDL]IMG_20160620_211449[/url] by James Fisher, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/JnMwXz]IMG_20160620_211620[/url] by James Fisher, on Flickr

cp

still waiting on mine 🙁 seems to have gone via Edinburgh according to the tracking. ug. bit of a detour from london to sheffield.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Still cant decide on one of these, the mrs needs a new phone before me so its either one of these or the new motorola play x or moto g 4 plus ?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Some reviews report the screen colours as very wrong, too blue and with poor greys.

eckinspain
    Free Member

I’m seriously tempted as I need a new phone but don’t want to shell out 600 quid for one of the ‘flagship’ phones.
    I think the only thing holding me back is reports that the camera isn’t too good (not bad, but not great). Jamze, do you have any indoor/low-light photos you could share?
    Is there anything else at a similar price with a better camera?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Mine arrived Monday morning. It’s in every way a superior device to my ancient Nexus 4, but it’s still the same to use. Build quality is excellent. It’s got a bigger, brighter, more vibrant screen. It’s faster, doesnt crash three or more times a day, has better telephony all round, more storage, a battery that appears to last at least a day with ‘average’ use.

The screen is a touch over saturated, but I just raised the blue bias a bit.

Good enough for me, although for those that like to compare their equipment in the pub, it probably doesn’t cost enough or have the latest wim-wam doofer.

Jamze

Does this help? Generally the camera seems competent rather than outstanding. Our dining room is dark, took a quick pic, auto, no flash or HDR etc. with iPhone 6 and the OnePlus 3. Both IMO did a good job. EXIF is interesting. OP3 f/2.0 ISO 640 1/17th, iPhone f/2.2 ISO 320 1/33th.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Jgrvkt]iPhone[/url] by James Fisher, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Jo9ghK]OnePlus[/url] by James Fisher, on Flickr

eckinspain
    Free Member

Thanks Jamze – that looks pretty good to me and certainly better than my current old Motorola would manage.

mrhoppy

It won’t stream music to her Toyota via bluetooth!

Yep, I’m having problems with mine talking to my Yeti. Although originally it did work, which is frustrating.

Jamze

Yep, I’m having problems with mine talking to my Yeti. Although originally it did work, which is frustrating.

Does seem flakey (but the OP2 was too when running Oxygen). Mine connected initially no probs, but last night wouldn’t connect and had to go into the menus on the car and connect manually. Stayed connected after that. Saying that, iPhone is no better – that randomly drops the connection. Got a Skoda too, so prob the same BT stuff you have.

cp

I don’t think vw group bluetooth thing is terribly good. I have a nightmare with BT in the work Alhambra, and a couple of friends with Skoda’s that have issues.

cp

Still not got mine though it has finally landed in Sheffield!

Hopefully postie will bring it today

eckinspain
    Free Member

Just ordered!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘OnePlus 3’ is closed to new replies.