Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • One week til I move in with the inlaws. Any advice?
  • the_sea_is_silent
    Free Member

So our house move plans haven't worked out and we'll be moving in with the inlaws until we find a new house. Any tips /advice on how to keep my sanity?

I get on fine with them when we visit but not sure about an extended stay of any sort as it hasn't been done before.

organic355
    Free Member

Get some WD40 for the bed 😉

thepurist

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bruneep

don't hit on mother in law

wwaswas

make sure you leave the toilet bowl sparkly clean.

iDave
    Free Member

get plenty of overtime lined up

binners

If you don't do a lot of night riding already, I'd suggest you take it up sharpish!

Is there a good local pub you could while away your evenings in?

woody2000

I had the other side of the coin for a while. My folks moved in with me for 6 months after they sold their house and were waiting for their new one to be finished. I did a lot of riding! 🙂

My advice would be to just be nice, bite your tongue if you disagree with something and it'll be over before you know it. Good luck!

grievoustim
    Free Member

if you have a decent sized bedroom – make sure you have your own telly/ hifi etc in there. Maybe a sofa/ or sofabed?

Better for you all if you arent forced to spend every evening together

the_sea_is_silent
    Free Member

The good side is that the bikes are coming with us (storage unit can't be trusted) so night riding is definitely back on the cards.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Learn to sh*g quietly!

Don't grt pi**ed and go to wrong bedroom

freeridenick
    Free Member

I have lived with the in-laws several times for extended periods. I love it as get treated like royality and cooked for, free beer etc etc. Luckily my in laws are super chilled and i get on with them very well.

mtbfix

In another life me and the missus had to move in with her folks for a month between the end of our rental contract and completing on the house. As mentioned above, it ain't that much of a big deal so long as you don't rattle the cage.

KT1973
    Free Member

Kill yourself.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘One week til I move in with the inlaws. Any advice?’ is closed to new replies.