Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • One up v2.1 dropper actuator on a V1 post?
  • ogden
    Free Member

Hello

Has anyone fit a OneUp V2.1 dropper actuator on a V1 post? My Bird AM9 is getting bad cable rub from the way the V1 post pulls the outer and not the inner cable. I don’t see why it wouldn’t work but I want to check before I order it.

I’ve emailed OneUp a couple of times and got no response, they also don’t respond to comments etc on social media channels.

Cheers

kelvin

I don’t think it’s possible… very much want someone to show us otherwise though!

thepurist

I asked OneUp that exact question a month or 2 back and they said it’s not compatible – annoying as the internal cable guide on my frame is a touch longer than I expected so at the ideal insertion depth it can interfere with the actuator meaning I get a slightly saggy post, so I end up running it a couple of mm higher.

Of course if you decide to see if it’s bodgeable I’d love to know the outcome!

woots787
    Free Member

I’ve done it, because I didn’t realise it was a v1 on my second hand bike! Didn’t work at first but filed the actuating rod down a bit and has worked fine for a year.

kelvin

Top bodge! Did you take any photos to help others understand the modification?

thepurist

Didn’t work at first but filed the actuating rod down a bit and has worked fine for a year.

Ahhhh – how much filing and swearing was involved? With hindsight is it a 5 minute job with a dremel???

woots787
    Free Member

Basically when I installed it the post wouldn’t quite stay up, as if I was slightly pressing the actuator even though the cable was slack. So I carefully filed a bit off the long thin actuator rod. Then checked it, then filed a bit more. I was obviously worried about filing too much so it was a slow iterative process. I think you’d have to do the same as tolerances might mean my filing amount wouldn’t work for you. I’m a bit worried one up saying it isn’t compatible meant I got lucky in some way. Works for me though.

frogstomp

filed the actuating rod down a bit

I didn’t actually do it in the end (decided to swap it for a longer drop one) but that was also what I decided would probably be the solution.

thepurist

Hmmmmm…. tempting. But not until after my week away in June! I guess if it all goes horribly wrong I can just get a replacement V1 cartridge so the price of ham fisted stupidity is 50 quid + P&P

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘One up v2.1 dropper actuator on a V1 post?’ is closed to new replies.