Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • One Stop Digital for camera lenses
  • zokes
    Free Member

Has anyone on here any experiences with one stop digital, trading out of HK, selling cameras and lenses? I know warranty etc will be null and void, but can they be trusted to deliver your goods? Also, do they honour their commitment to pay back any GST/VAT if you get stung at customs?

Basically, I need a new lens, and I’m buggered if I’m paying Australian prices for it! Warranty I’m happy to gamble on (my lens that just broke wasn’t covered because I bought it in the uk!). But I’d like to know that I have some certainty of receiving the lens in the first place

peteimpreza

I got my Sigma from them no problems at all.

stumpy01

One Stop Digital give a 12 month earrantt, I think.

Gonna buy a Tamron 90mm macro from them in next few days.

Only seen good reviews…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    seba560
    Free Member

One Stop Digital give a 12 month earrantt, I think.

And we all know that a 12 month earrantt is important.

zokes
    Free Member

Indeed. I mean bugger the warranty – it’s the earrantt you really need to make sure you don’t compromise when buying overseas.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Up to $1000 there is no gst on import.

zokes
    Free Member

Up to $1000 there is no gst on import.

I know – it’s the lenses over that I’m both worried about getting the refund they assure people they’ll get on GST, and getting the lens in the first place. It’s obviously also where I save the most over rip off Australia.

(And that’s a phrase I usually leave to the Channel 9 watching fraternity, but how can lenses made in Japan be almost twice the price they are in the UK, when Oz is nearer?)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It does seem in some places they are using an old currency rate…
    Would like to know how it ends up as there is some camera upgrades to come.

Starting to get close enough on bike stuff (except hope) to be shopping local now.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ve had 3 lenses off them and also my new Canon 650D. To be honest they are so good I don’t look anywhere else. 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

Well, I’ll wait the final prognosis on my 24-105L, as it is with Cannon awaiting a quote on repair. The camera shop weren’t too hopeful…

If it comes to it, I need to think about what I want to buy…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Bought 4 lenses from them, always arrived astonishingly quickly and no duty to pay.

I’d use them again

stumpy01

Just had an e-mail back from One Stop Digital.

They confirmed that their earrantt actually runs concurrently with their warranty, which is why most people don’t even realise they are covered by an earrantt as well.

Sorry for the confusion…

zokes
    Free Member

*chortles*

zokes
    Free Member

Well, looks like I’ll be giving them a go. Quote to repair my lens is more than a new one from these guys…

grum
    Free Member

I’ve used them too with no issues.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘One Stop Digital for camera lenses’ is closed to new replies.