Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 353 total)
  • One seriously good bit of news to cheer us all up…
  • brian2
    Free Member

Jeez there are some haters on here. Lynch mob anyone?

Harry_the_Spider

Strong return of Serb there from the Australian…

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Is a lot of the cheer all about a lot of us being sick of Covid rules being made but then not enforced? Like those who falsely say they are exept from wearing masks in shops or at work currently, but their exemption often cannot be effectively challenged.

monkeyboyjc

Like those who falsely say they are exept from wearing masks in shops or at work currently, but their exemption often cannot be effectively challenged.

Definitely a bit of this from me…. Had one girl with no mask in the shop the other day say “I’ve had Covid so I don’t need a ask and I’m not worried, I really can’t be arsed with masks anymore”

I’ve cirtainly had an increase in ‘i’m exempt’ claims in the last few months – and a fair few from people who weren’t claiming exemption in the 12months prior.

With the main story though I think it’s also a bit of ‘im vaxed and ok – why arnt you?’ going on. Hoping the antivaxed will start to realise the importance and potential implications on their lives.

boblo
    Free Member

In other news, both the French and Italian Govts now make it mandatory to have jabs if you want to go out to play/enjoy the fruits of a civilised society.

C’mon BOJO, over to you…

richmtb

Someone who actively promotes psuedo scientific nonsense, who has flouted the rules around Covid and has used his celebrity and platform to spout anti vax theories has finally found out these actions have consequences.

The Schadenfreude is delicious.

mjsmke

I hope they do this to Footballers to.

Dickyboy

**** me if this is what cheers you up good luck.

Not me personally but it’ll certainly put a smile on the faces of all those Australians who haven’t been able to travel (sometimes even between states) whilst sports people and celebs have seemingly been able to come and go at their leisure.

tthew

In other news, both the French and Italian Govts now make it mandatory to have jabs if you want to go out to play/enjoy the fruits of a civilised society.

C’mon BOJO, over to you…

I definitely agree with this. People’s individual choice to have the vaccine or not – fine but then other people should have the same choice to let you interact with them. Including Dickovich.

Twodogs

I hope they do this to Footballers to.

Except the myth about low vaccination rates among footballers is just that…A myth. The rate is the same as average for their age group.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Vaccines or not it’s nice to see someone not manage to flout rules just because they’re rich/famous

I’m sure the Australian politician who stepped in has never done anything of the sort himself

mjsmke

Except the myth about low vaccination rates among footballers is just that…A myth. The rate is the same as average for their age group

So low then.

pk13

Not that I’m a fan( of (china or the dopey tennis player) but I wonder if china will do the same for the *bugger there is no snow* games
    I’m not sure Id want them to have my medical details.
    maybe a few top sports players have some extra peds in them that won’t mix with the jab.

kayak23

👏

kilo

Count me in, entitled d-wad acting like a moron is fair game for hating, the fact that tennis is involved handily adds to my loathing tbh.

Twodogs

Except the myth about low vaccination rates among footballers is just that…A myth. The rate is the same as average for their age group

So low then.

Yes, relatively low, but you singled out footballers for some reason?

boblo
    Free Member

Yes, relatively low, but you singled out footballers for some reason?

Alternate flavour of wealthy entitled moron perchance?

Northwind

brian2
    Free Member

I don’t see much of a lynching, just a bit of satisfaction and relief that he’s not going to be able to just sidestep the consequences of his own actions

(it’s not just about that one person, it risked a big loss of support/compliance from the public. Kind of like letting prime ministers and their advisors off for breaking covid rules, the point isn’t just to “get” them, it’s to stop it setting the bad example and stop people from rightly saying “one rule for them and another for me”

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Deserved more recognition.

Jokeyvich has been antivax for yonks.

Chicken, roost, etc.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/20/sports/tennis/djokovic-us-open.html

My issue here with vaccines is if someone is forcing me to put something in my body. That I don’t want. For me that’s unacceptable.

Whatevs, dude.

pondo

Their issue is not that they’re being forced to do anything, because they’re not – their issue is that their personsl decisions have consequences they don’t like. In which case…

Whatevs, dude.

malv173
    Free Member

It baffles me that sports folk like Novax clearly put a lot of faith in science. Nutrition, recovery, treatment of injuries, etc. Then a vaccine comes along and suddenly they can’t accept that it may be a good thing, developed by people who actually know what they are doing.

Anyway, the story definitely made me smile.

Northwind

pondo

Their issue is not that they’re being forced to do anything, because they’re not – their issue is that their personsl decisions have consequences they don’t like.

Yup. And if you’re a youngish, healthy person without underlying medical conditions there are fairly low immediate consequences for you if you don’t get vaccinated- you’re at low risk of serious illness compared to others. But there are probably greater consequences for others. Covid is pretty close to perfectly designed to create shitty responses to vaccine programs in many modern western humans, because it’s not quite dangerous enough to the individual for it to be a no-brainer and too many people don’t give much of a shit about anyone else.

So it’s good- important- that people not be able to weasel their way out of the few consequences they do face.

mattyfez

Seems like it went down pretty much like this:

Ausie border police: eff off mate

Random sports personality: but I have a sick note from the tennis club, and an endorsement from a local council representitive

Ausie border police: Yeh, eff off mate

i_scoff_cake
    Free Member

Novax is a whackjob into new age and pseudo-science stuff.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

However, his mother and father have both spoken to the media in support of their son and have revealed the conditions he’s supposedly being kept in, with his dad even likening him to freedom fighter Spartacus.

Yeah… No. He’s not Spartacus.

sobriety
    Free Member

Novax is a whackjob into new age and pseudo-science stuff.

I’d not be surprised if it comes out in the future that he was PED’d up to the eyeballs as well, he just strikes me as that kind of loon.

tpbiker
    Free Member

There’s a clip of him talking about how you can clean dirty water with the power of positive thought, or some other whack job nonsense

Man is a total bell end, always came across as such, even more so now

Pauly

Fruitcake is as fruitcake does…

“ In his book Serve to Win, Djokovic described how in 2010 he met with a nutritionist who asked him to hold a piece of bread in his left hand while he pressed down on his right arm. Djokovic claims he was much weaker while holding the bread, and cited this as evidence of gluten intolerance.”

From the BBC

Pauly

PS, you need to be fully vaxxed to get into Serbia as a tourist…

DickBarton

But don’t need to be vaxxed at all to get out…

scuttler

His dad sounds like a full nut job too. Sounds like an element of Balkan stubbornness and a massive national chip on his shoulder. Sorry mate, it’s really not that complicated.

The player’s father told a press conference that he could not be defeated “by anyone, not even the Australian government”.

Djokovic was being “persecuted”, Srdjan Djokovic said. “They’re keeping him in captivity. They’re stomping all over him to stomp all over Serbia and the Serbian people. [Scott] Morrison [Australia’s prime minister] and his like have dared attack Novak to bring Serbia to its knees.”

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

These sort of things cheer me up. It’s a similar vibe I get at LUBP, all types, all bikes having a good time.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

quality wheelie action at 40:00

Sandwich

Yeah… No. He’s not Spartacus.

He’s a very naughty boy. . .

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

MoreCashThanDash

Well this is getting interesting if the above is true. If his lawyers have lied in court papers, I’m thinking he may never be allowed back into Australia.

martymac

Isn’t he the first player to lose a grand slam after only missing 2 shots?

markgraylish
    Free Member

Isn’t he the first player to lose a grand slam after only missing 2 shots?

Bravo!👏

bruneep

on the 15th

sharkbait
    Free Member

World tennis number one Novak Djokovic appears to have been photographed with young players the day after his lawyers said he tested positive for COVID-19

This is getting juicy deucey!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 353 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.