Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • One Plus handsets
  • timbur
    Free Member

ANY GOOD?
    My iPhones slowly retiring itself and I need something less spendy to replace it with.
    I’m a normal user so easy to use and good battery is key.
    Think music, podcasts, web browsing, pics, etc.
    Cheers
    Tim

Bregante

I’ve got a plus2. Really happy with it. It’s quite big (I came from an xperia Z3 compact). I’d say the battery life and camera are it’s strongest features. I easily get 24 hours out of a single charge with plenty of browsing and normal call use but I don’t use my phone for music. It does get quite hot and a couple of times the screen does something odd while I’m on a call (possibly reacting to my face brushing against the screen).

Overall I’d definitely look at getting the plus3 or its successor when this one has had its day.

Alphabet

I’ve had a OnePlus 3 for a couple of weeks now and I’m very impressed. Metal body, big screen, 64G memory (plenty for me). I’ll be sticking with OnePlus when it’s time to swap again. I’d like it to be waterproof like my old Samsung was but that’s the only thing I can think of that I’d like to change. The volume of the notifications is a bit loud even on lowest volume but that may just be the notification sounds I’ve picked. Most of the time I have it on vibrate only. All for £329.

timbur
    Free Member

Thanks all. Sound promising.

cp

I’ve had a one plus 3 since they first came out, as had the other half. They are brilliant. Very very well made, very solid. The OP flip cases are very good as well, slim and auto screen lock… and again, well made. Mine’s had some stick and still looks spanking new.

60% charge in 30 mins is a true claim (with included charger). USB Type C is excellent – no more faffing with plug orientation.

Battery is 2 days with medium use, easily a day with heavy use and several days with minimal use. Mine’s used for work stuff so I do use it quite a bit.

The notification slider on the side is nice and not many android phones have that.

Excellent call quality.

Camera is great, and has glass rather than plastic front lens so doesn’t scratch easily, unlike many many other phones.

Fingerprint unlock is instant and very reliable.

I come from a background of being a cheapskate with phones, so buying these was somewhat of a shock to me! But I wanted something with a very good camera due to arrival of sprog. Very happy to have taken the leap – different league to Moto G’s, X, Lumia 930, Nexus 5 etc…

nuke

Still on a Oneplus 1 and son has Oneplus 3…both very happy with them and would buy again

timbur
    Free Member

Most excellent. Now I need to work out getting everything off IOS and onto android :o/
    Thanks everyone.

egb81
    Free Member

I had a One Plus 1. Great phone, no slow down in performance over the year and a bit I had it. The Cyanogen mod is pretty good as you can tweek loads of little things if you so desire. It is a huge phone though, not particularly comfortable in your pocket if you’re riding. It was also not remotely waterproof though, as I found out being caught in a ridiculous downpour and it promptly died. I’m hoping it gets fixed though as it’s a really good phone.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘One Plus handsets’ is closed to new replies.