Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 181 total)
  • One Picture From Your Favourite Ride Of This Year.
  • postierich
    Free Member

Taken in May twas a bit blowy but got shown a few rideable cheeky routes rode with a few bods of here!

Lemon Drizzle Cake eater!!!!! by Richard Munro, on Flickr

h4muf
    Free Member

WP_001667 by h4muf, on Flickr

Did a 25 mile loop on my 1976 Bickerton from Nice to Menton,to Monaco then back the coastal road.
    Great day!

br
    Free Member

The view back to Buachaille Etive Mor at 8am, after climbing the Devils Staircase. Eventually I did Kingshouse to FW and back using the West Highland Way, +50 miles and about the only dry/arid trails all year.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kennyp
    Free Member

IMG_8702 by Kenneth Pollock, on Flickr

Torridon, in October. An amazing day’s riding.

_tom_
    Free Member

Come on tom.
    Tell us what was special about that ride.

First proper mtb trip with my mates, and the first time either of them had ridden up or down a proper mountain 🙂 It was horrible riding/pushing up my downhill bike but so much fun going down. In a year where most of my rides have consisted of Woburn or Chicksands, going up and down Snowdon was a big breath of fresh air. Really good to do some natural stuff rather than trail centres as well.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

South of Westport CA on old Highway 1 riding down the Pacific coast with Berthold the German and Andreas the Dane.

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/pacificcoastandcascadescircuit

lank45
    Free Member

Sorry, will have to put two! Both from mine and my dad’s (Rockdodger) trip to Morzine this year. Lots of riding, eating and general fun times 😀

IMG_2894 by helliwell_b, on Flickr

IMG_2831 by helliwell_b, on Flickr

tollah
    Free Member

A day out in the Swiss Alps with MrsTollah

by sheldonattwood, on Flickr
    and the video
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3tYFxJIIpo[/video]

Must get out more next year, I’ve been a bit lazy this year :-/

Alex

Been a good year for MTB and was going to post a photo of some awesome riding in Tenerife until I remembered this:

No it’s not too big for her then by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Built up for my 11 year old Daughter after her Islabike was finally retired as too small. Just an ace day to go proper MTBing with your kids. We then went to the FoD and she overtook a bloke on an FSR carbon FS which kind of made my day 😉

grum
    Free Member

Whinlatter Forest Mountain Biking-4 by Grum Wynne, on Flickr

Probably this one. It was just a jaunt round whinlatter but it was one of the few times I’ve managed to get together with lots of mates and get out riding in nice weather.

Rickos
    Free Member

First proper Dad and Lad ride. 7.5 miles down the River Wye to Symonds Yat. Proud moment.

Redley on his first Dad & Lad ride by Rick T., on Flickr

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

[/url] P1020704 by steven160275, on Flickr[/img]

Scotlandshire.
    Fantastic singletrack, a new trail, dry warm and sunny, great company and finishing with a slap up afternoon tea.

[/url] P1020753 by steven160275, on Flickr[/img]

numplumz
    Free Member

Untitled by numplumz, on Flickr

Coldest ride ever last February -15 when we started and a max of -8 and we stayed out for 8 hours, brilliant fun. I’d take that right now over the swamps we have.

crispybacon
    Free Member

A cheeky mid-week day off work in March to make the most of the dry trails on Dartmoor. Not many people about (all at work) & it was a sunny windless day – superb 😀

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Cynic-al and TheBikeChain if you need a lift?

jameso

Thread of the year )

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Not really a ‘ride’ photo as such but it was my most enjoyable time on a bike this year. FOD mini Downhill. Just had a really good day and put together some good runs.

druidh
    Free Member

A tough one, but swung by the fact that this taken on the longest tour I did this year.

P1040540 by druidh_dubh, on Flickr

http://www.blog.scotroutes.com/2012/07/coasting-around-west-day-1.html

JRTG
    Free Member

Had a very good riding year, topped of with a 2 day credit card bike touring with my dad. First time we have done something together since I was 5. Made me very happy!

scuttler

Cheek-diddy-cheek

tomaso
    Free Member

Tour of Great Gable – all the beauty of the Lakes with all the seasons in one day :mrgreen:

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Have ridden a lot of places this year, including amazing trails in Europe, DH trails that have pushed my limits and some of the best trail centres and natural stuff in the UK.

But the best ride of all was an old-school XC loop, following an OS map and ride guide with some great friends. Late summer sunshine and the most beautiful views of Powys and Shropshire with a tour of Corndon Hill and the Stiperstones.

rOcKeTdOg
    rOcKeTdOg

littlegirlbunny were u at the FoD mini DH at the beginning of DEC?

andytherocketeer

Ridge ride, probably a different angle to one or more pics posted earlier:

grum
    Free Member

Which DH track at FoD is that with the drop off? Don’t remember seeing that.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

For me it was a solo ride taking in dunnerdale and Walna scar in the Lake District I did a couple of months ago. Set off with the stars out and witnessed an absolutly stunning sunrise. Didn’t see a soul until the last half hour of the ride.

It’s not the best picture in the world but for me it brings back memories of a truly stunning ride.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Rocketdog…..yup!

Grum….it’s on the GBU trail. Is fun 🙂

bitemebryn
    Free Member

2012-08-30 14.06.29 by [/url], on Flickr

Me and the boy sharing a fantastic long weekend in Wales. Simply brilliant.

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Lake Garda. I managed to hire the most lethal bike possible
    i then took the cable car to the top of Monte Baldo and climbed to the top of Monte Altissimo. After a quick coffee I started the 601. I could accept the brakes being opposite. However the back wheel came off twice and was only held on by a nut/washer, the forks seized, the 20mm axle clamp had snapped on one side, the rear mech jammed, I broke my thumb. I rolled in to Torbole feeling and looking bloodied and crazed, rode to the waterside to see my ferry leaving. Ended up pedalling that heap of junk all the way down to malchesnie. I was far to exhausted really give the guy a full impression of how shot the bike he rented me was and what I really wanted to do to him with the bike. He gave me a free water bottle. It really was the best ride all year

rOcKeTdOg

LGB thought it was you, was too shy to ask incase it wasn’t and it made me look a bigger knob than usual

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

London to Paris

twohats
    Free Member

La Varda, Les Arcs.

Rickos
    Free Member

Grum – it’s a new one built this summer by the Dean Trail Volunteers. As bunny says, it’s called The good, the bad and the ugly or GBU.

Drac

Untitled by Lee Collis, on Flickr

JohnClimber
    Free Member

A rare sunny day with the wind behind me

j3ffo
    Free Member

Mrs J3ffo and I celebrating our first anniversary in the lakes

Saccades
    Free Member

Probably this; the wife was away for the weekend with the kids so I could paint all of downstairs without having to worry about the kids getting into everything.

The “feature” colour paint had unknown to me gone off and it was like trying to paint jelly evenly onto a wall, frustrating and took ages.

I finally finished late on the sunday afternoon of the best weather weekend we had all year and got to the top of the mountain I can see from front window for the first time in one go.

Sat there for 30mins working out what was what from the 5 counties I could see.

ianv
    Free Member

Possibly the best trail I rode this year, GR49 from above Trigance down to the Pont de Tusset in the Verdon Gorge.

96 by ianvincent, on Flickr

clubber
    Free Member

I didn’t ride much this year, mainly due to the arrival of mini-clubber 2 but this pic is from a ride in March with aka_gilo around Winfird/Dundry area South of Bristol. Lovely sunny but chilly day.

(Pic taken at the top of Dundry)

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 181 total)

The topic ‘One Picture From Your Favourite Ride Of This Year.’ is closed to new replies.