One Picture From Your Favourite Ride Of This Year.

Home Forum Bike Forum One Picture From Your Favourite Ride Of This Year.

Viewing 45 posts - 46 through 90 (of 181 total)
  • One Picture From Your Favourite Ride Of This Year.
  • mcmoonter

South of Westport CA on old Highway 1 riding down the Pacific coast with Berthold the German and Andreas the Dane.

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/pacificcoastandcascadescircuit

lank45

Sorry, will have to put two! Both from mine and my dad’s (Rockdodger) trip to Morzine this year. Lots of riding, eating and general fun times 😀

IMG_2894 by helliwell_b, on Flickr

IMG_2831 by helliwell_b, on Flickr

tollah

A day out in the Swiss Alps with MrsTollah

by sheldonattwood, on Flickr
    and the video
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3tYFxJIIpo[/video]

Must get out more next year, I’ve been a bit lazy this year :-/

Premier Icon Alex
    Subscriber

Been a good year for MTB and was going to post a photo of some awesome riding in Tenerife until I remembered this:

No it’s not too big for her then by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Built up for my 11 year old Daughter after her Islabike was finally retired as too small. Just an ace day to go proper MTBing with your kids. We then went to the FoD and she overtook a bloke on an FSR carbon FS which kind of made my day 😉

grum

Whinlatter Forest Mountain Biking-4 by Grum Wynne, on Flickr

Probably this one. It was just a jaunt round whinlatter but it was one of the few times I’ve managed to get together with lots of mates and get out riding in nice weather.

Rickos

First proper Dad and Lad ride. 7.5 miles down the River Wye to Symonds Yat. Proud moment.

Redley on his first Dad & Lad ride by Rick T., on Flickr

Premier Icon stevenmenmuir
    Subscriber

[/url] P1020704 by steven160275, on Flickr[/img]

Scotlandshire.
    Fantastic singletrack, a new trail, dry warm and sunny, great company and finishing with a slap up afternoon tea.

[/url] P1020753 by steven160275, on Flickr[/img]

numplumz

Untitled by numplumz, on Flickr

Coldest ride ever last February -15 when we started and a max of -8 and we stayed out for 8 hours, brilliant fun. I’d take that right now over the swamps we have.

A cheeky mid-week day off work in March to make the most of the dry trails on Dartmoor. Not many people about (all at work) & it was a sunny windless day – superb 😀

Premier Icon stevenmenmuir
    Subscriber

Cynic-al and TheBikeChain if you need a lift?

Premier Icon jameso
    Subscriber

Thread of the year )

Not really a ‘ride’ photo as such but it was my most enjoyable time on a bike this year. FOD mini Downhill. Just had a really good day and put together some good runs.

druidh

A tough one, but swung by the fact that this taken on the longest tour I did this year.

P1040540 by druidh_dubh, on Flickr

http://www.blog.scotroutes.com/2012/07/coasting-around-west-day-1.html

JRTG

Had a very good riding year, topped of with a 2 day credit card bike touring with my dad. First time we have done something together since I was 5. Made me very happy!

scuttler

Cheek-diddy-cheek

Premier Icon tomaso
    Subscriber

Tour of Great Gable – all the beauty of the Lakes with all the seasons in one day :mrgreen:

Have ridden a lot of places this year, including amazing trails in Europe, DH trails that have pushed my limits and some of the best trail centres and natural stuff in the UK.

But the best ride of all was an old-school XC loop, following an OS map and ride guide with some great friends. Late summer sunshine and the most beautiful views of Powys and Shropshire with a tour of Corndon Hill and the Stiperstones.

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

littlegirlbunny were u at the FoD mini DH at the beginning of DEC?

Premier Icon andytherocketeer
    Subscriber

Ridge ride, probably a different angle to one or more pics posted earlier:

grum

Which DH track at FoD is that with the drop off? Don’t remember seeing that.

bjj.andy.w

For me it was a solo ride taking in dunnerdale and Walna scar in the Lake District I did a couple of months ago. Set off with the stars out and witnessed an absolutly stunning sunrise. Didn’t see a soul until the last half hour of the ride.

It’s not the best picture in the world but for me it brings back memories of a truly stunning ride.

Rocketdog…..yup!

Grum….it’s on the GBU trail. Is fun 🙂

bitemebryn

2012-08-30 14.06.29 by [/url], on Flickr

Me and the boy sharing a fantastic long weekend in Wales. Simply brilliant.

Premier Icon themightymowgli
    Subscriber

Lake Garda. I managed to hire the most lethal bike possible
    i then took the cable car to the top of Monte Baldo and climbed to the top of Monte Altissimo. After a quick coffee I started the 601. I could accept the brakes being opposite. However the back wheel came off twice and was only held on by a nut/washer, the forks seized, the 20mm axle clamp had snapped on one side, the rear mech jammed, I broke my thumb. I rolled in to Torbole feeling and looking bloodied and crazed, rode to the waterside to see my ferry leaving. Ended up pedalling that heap of junk all the way down to malchesnie. I was far to exhausted really give the guy a full impression of how shot the bike he rented me was and what I really wanted to do to him with the bike. He gave me a free water bottle. It really was the best ride all year

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

LGB thought it was you, was too shy to ask incase it wasn’t and it made me look a bigger knob than usual

umop3pisdn

London to Paris

twohats

La Varda, Les Arcs.

Rickos

Grum – it’s a new one built this summer by the Dean Trail Volunteers. As bunny says, it’s called The good, the bad and the ugly or GBU.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber
    Premier Icon JohnClimber
    Subscriber

A rare sunny day with the wind behind me

j3ffo

Mrs J3ffo and I celebrating our first anniversary in the lakes

Saccades

Probably this; the wife was away for the weekend with the kids so I could paint all of downstairs without having to worry about the kids getting into everything.

The “feature” colour paint had unknown to me gone off and it was like trying to paint jelly evenly onto a wall, frustrating and took ages.

I finally finished late on the sunday afternoon of the best weather weekend we had all year and got to the top of the mountain I can see from front window for the first time in one go.

Sat there for 30mins working out what was what from the 5 counties I could see.

ianv

Possibly the best trail I rode this year, GR49 from above Trigance down to the Pont de Tusset in the Verdon Gorge.

96 by ianvincent, on Flickr

clubber

I didn’t ride much this year, mainly due to the arrival of mini-clubber 2 but this pic is from a ride in March with aka_gilo around Winfird/Dundry area South of Bristol. Lovely sunny but chilly day.

(Pic taken at the top of Dundry)

Premier Icon righog
    Subscriber

A poor year for epic rides as most have been post injury recovery rides, usually manage between 1K and 2K on the road bike as well but I guess 30 miles is closer to the mark this year. But this ride a Thrunton was the best this year laughed a lot on the downs and panted a lot on the up’s.

Premier Icon Hells
    Subscriber

Peak Pootle in July!! We met at Edale and had a great day out! It was only 2 weeks after I completed an Ironman distance triathlon, amazingly my legs were not completely trashed! And I’d just taken delivery of my new bike the Tuesday before, I did manage to get a puncture, but what the heck! 😀

Premier Icon gary
    Subscriber

P8181807_1 by Gary Hill, on Flickr

Long weekend in Bettmeralp, which was every bit as good as the article in the current issue of the mag suggests. The best trail we rode was actually a couple of valleys over from the glacier, but I was too busy grinning like a loon and skimming rocks and roots to stop for a photo!

cheeezzy24

North Wales bikepacking in March. Awesome!

b r

twohats – is that Ash at the head of the queue?

Premier Icon pt0608
    Subscriber

At the beginning of the year, my wife and I decided to commit to at least 1 “Epic” ride a month to try and make sure we always got out and about. An “Epic” had to involve an OS map and be of sufficient length to allow the consumption of lots of cake on return. The picture above was during our February Epic to The Black Mountains, which was one of our favourites. And it was a cold as it looks!

Looking forward to our December Epic next week, we’ll be day tripping to the Isle of Wight.

Premier Icon ironbrucove
    Subscriber

Manifold Valley

mcboo

This thread is magic.

Premier Icon singlespeedstu
    Subscriber

ryanctj.

Mid Wales somewere?

Viewing 45 posts - 46 through 90 (of 181 total)

The topic ‘One Picture From Your Favourite Ride Of This Year.’ is closed to new replies.