Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • One pair of glasses for road and mtb, POC?
  • lee170
    Free Member

I could do with a new pair of glasses for both road and mtb, I’d rather buy one pair of decent glasses rather than 2 pairs.
    I love the POC do blade but would they be OK to wear whilst mtb’ng?
    I know there just glasses but there expensive and before I hit the buy button I want to make sure they’ll still look fine with a mtb helmet

scotroutes

I’ll admit to this being a better troll than my, rather blatant, attempt earlier.

njee20
    Free Member

I wear the same helmet for either. Therefore the same glasses look ok on either. Not knowing your choice of helmet it’s rather hard to advise on whether you’ll look good.

The public think you look ridiculous regardless, and I’m not sure you should take fashion advice from here anyway.

lee170
    Free Member

Ha true, I didn’t realise whilst typing but after reading it I now see it’s a pretty vain question!!
    I have a road helmet and a mtb helmet so both very different, Would like to add a POC helmet into the mix later

Gary_M
    Free Member

Out of interest why do you need to wear glasses for riding a bike?

lee170
    Free Member

I’ve had a few close shaves with branches whilst mtb’ng so I’ve worn them ever since, also protects against mud splashes in eyes.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I can kind of understand it for mtb but for road it’s just another accessory and part of the uniform.

lee170
    Free Member

Your probably right, nice on the roadie when it’s sunny though, but yeah I don’t see a need to wear sunnys but always do, force of habit I suppose

scotroutes

FWIW, I wear Oakley Half Jackets for all types of bike riding. I’ve never really considered whether or not they are “road” or “MTB” style

legend
    Free Member

Gary_M – Member

Out of interest why do you need to wear glasses for riding a bike?

Surfer* eye isn’t great fun it turns out

*in no way related to Surfmat

mrblobby
    Free Member

One thing to consider is position on the bike. If your position on the road bike is much lower and flatter then you might find frames on typical glasses obscuring your view. E.g. I use Flakjackets on the MTB but they really don’t work for me on the road because of this.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Blades are nice but I prefer the new crave on and off road, in terms of looks

lee170
    Free Member

Can you change the lenses on the crave?
    Just thinking about winter and night rides

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘One pair of glasses for road and mtb, POC?’ is closed to new replies.