One or two weeks away abroad with a six month old – a bad idea?!

Home Forum Chat Forum One or two weeks away abroad with a six month old – a bad idea?!

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • One or two weeks away abroad with a six month old – a bad idea?!
  • poah

RopeyReignRider – Member
    Poah
    I guess it’s the change in climate, flying , waiting , change in environment for sleeping, whether or not it’s actually possible to relax / worth the effort etc

only you know your kids – we didn’t fly any where with ours but we did drive long distances. at 6 months ours were still breast fed which made things a bit worse for the car in terms I journey times.

if you can’t relax at home you are not going to be able to relax on holiday.

ocrider

You’ll be fine, its when they start getting more mobile and vocal that the problems start.
    Have a great time wherever you go!

I went to Lake Garda a couple of months back with my 8 month old and had a great time. Travelling is different but not all that hard – follow advice others have posted and you’ll be fine.

We stayed in Riva Del Garda which was great for us because you could easily walk into the town and have fairly chilled out milling about days, and on others drive out to other places (recommend Trento for a great day’s walking around). Get a self catering place and you can make sure baby can be catered for easily too. We still ended up eating out a lot though because there are so many good places, all of which loved having babies in (Italians love their bambinos).

Best of all you can build up your brownie points pre-trip and exchange them for a few mornings/afternoons of riding in one of the best MTB destinations going. I asked on here and got some great tips.

My own would be:

1) hire a bike
    2) shuttle to save time
    3) speak to Michael Cycle for both the above, in addition to tips on accom, hire cars etc.

Enjoy!

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘One or two weeks away abroad with a six month old – a bad idea?!’ is closed to new replies.