Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • One of those annoying vote-for-this-person things
  • Northwind

http://www.marsmilk.com/fund2014/clubs/rona-strivens

Few of you might know Rona or her brother Finlay, not much to add except she is a cool kid and deserves a bit of a hand. She’s current british champion but it doesn’t seem like there’s a lot of support for a female youth champ. This is her beside Rachel Atherton

Last time I saw her ride, she turned up to the endurance downhill at fort william, a race for the old, durable and stupid… There isn’t even a youth category, but they let her race and she aced the womens’ event and would have been one step off the podium in mens’ juniors.

So yeah. Deserving I reckon, and I’d appreciate any votes!

Kahurangi

Voted, cause I agree there is a vacuum of funding for 2 wheeled athletes, especially muddy ones, doubly so if the’re female!

chudsy
    Free Member

Voted as well, hope it works out for her. There is definitely a need for raising the profile of female athletes in mountain biking.

6079smithw
    Free Member

in addition I am needing to start riding a 650b wheel which should increase my speed and give a better rolling action.

She should leave her religious beliefs out of it 😛
    Voted anyway

mamadirt
    Free Member

Done and tweeted 🙂

spawnofyorkshire

Voted, cause I agree there is a vacuum of funding for 2 wheeled athletes, especially muddy ones, doubly so if the’re female!

+1

Happily voted and will now keep an eye out for her results

sandwicheater

Done.

keefmac

voted, hope it helps.

mt
    Free Member

done.

stumpy01

Done…

sazter

😀 Done

AlexSimon

Done, but £1000 wont go very far.
    Trying to run as a privateer on the World Cup circuit would cost an arm and a leg. Fingers crossed for some sponsorship.

drover
    Free Member

Done and Done

cooie

Done, good luck!

Northwind

Cheers folks!

@Alex, absolutely- I think the idea is more about getting visibility than about this funding alone making it all possible. I don’t know how it works tbh, it’s much easier when you’re a no-hoper alsoran 🙂

Having said that, I feel bad for not voting for the quidditch team. When your first requirement for success is “invent magic” you need all the help you can get.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Just been posted on the Ride.io Facebook page. Hopefully that will help spread the word.

bearnecessities

Done & bumped 🙂

Northwind

@fervouredimage, have you got a link to ride.io’s facebook? I can’t find it 😳 SDH was easier to google for!

sweepy
    Free Member

Voted, never paid much attention to this sort of thing before, but I hope i’ll be in the position of asking for votes in similar circumstanses myself later in the year. So fingers crossed for her, and me 🙂

fervouredimage
    Free Member
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘One of those annoying vote-for-this-person things’ is closed to new replies.