Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • One of my fave bike videos ever
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

Prompted by the Nomad thread I had yet another watch of this. THIS is how you market a bike. No expensive locations or far-flung destinations, just a young lad messing around in the woods and making it all look far too easy and stylish. Props due Ratboy.

[video]http://vimeo.com/57828299[/video]

D0NK

Just watched this and the nomad one, yep this is better.

flange
    Free Member

Indeed – one of my favourites too

However, from memory it was filmed in the states and that bike is about 7k’s worth. But I see what you mean

mattjg
    Free Member

I enjoyed the Nomad one more, partly for the location. I’ve ridden desert in Peru and USA, it’s a wonderful start environment.

The committed hardtail rider in me does wonder why all that expensive VPPness is necessary if the single pivot Nomad is, by all appearances, just as good.

Or perhaps, the videos are saying more about the riders than the bikes.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

the single pivot Nomad

What?! Where?

I enjoyed the Nomad video on its merits as a simple movie of people riding bikes, but as a promotional video to sell a 165mm travel bike with DH bike angles, I just felt it missed the mark. These videos should make me think “I want that bike so I can ride like them” but it just made me feel “I don’t need that big bike to ride like them”.

[EDIT – I will never ride like them 😀 ]

mattjg
    Free Member

What?! Where?

oh yeah that’s the Heckler isn’t it. Shows what I know.

how is the Nomad different to the Bronson then?

mattjg
    Free Member

(slacker with more travel it seems)

there’s too much choice for my pea brain, think I’ll stick with my HT!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘One of my fave bike videos ever’ is closed to new replies.