Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • One new tire. Front or Back?
  • gothandy

Got Nevegals front and back on my prophet, the rear is looking a little the worse for wear so I bought one new one. The question is, dear STWers, do I put the new rubber on the back, or push the front to the back and save the fresh stuff for the front?

Will it make any difference at all!

z1ppy

Throw the fresh tyre in the front to maximise grip for steering, old un onto the back,

gothandy

z1ppy thanks, that was my first thought, being lazy and just wanted to make sure all the moving of tires about was going to be worth it!

Northwind

Are they exactly the same? if one is a stick-e and the other’s a DTC, you want the stick-e on the front… Otherwise, yup, best tyre on front.

gothandy

Northwind I bought another DTC … oh well 🙂 but useful idea. Perhaps next time 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

depends how worn the front one is really. If it’s pretty much ready for the bin, then the better tyre goes on the front. However, through the summer I tend to move the part worn rear to the front and the deeper treaded front to the rear to even out the wear. When the rear moves to the front, there’s generally plenty of edging tread left and it’s never given me any obvious issue.

All depends just how worn they are.

lunge

Always new on the front if you run the same tyres. I’d prefer to the rear to slide than the front.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘One new tire. Front or Back?’ is closed to new replies.