Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • One for the Zesty owners – can I use a non-shadow rear mech??
  • Crag
    Free Member

As above, I’ve recently got a Zesty frame and am in the process of building it up.

The only rear mech I have at the moment is a non-shadow XT which when attached (not cabled up yet) looks like it will foul the carbon protector. Will it make any difference if I just remove the carbon or is there any more to it than that?

Don’t really want to drop 50 notes on a new mech if I can help it. Thanks in advance.

ben
    Free Member

It will work fine, you just need to remove the carbon protector.

Cheers
    Ben

leebaxter
    Free Member

i tried this, however the mech banged on the dropout. it was a 105 road mech, so i reckon most non shadow mechs will be un suitable.

hughjengin
    Free Member

I have a an X9 groupset which I was going to migrate over to my Zesty soon. Having plans to build my other bike with a new 2×10 X0 or XT and swap the full 9 spd X9 groupset to the Zesty. Surely Lapierre wouldn’t design a frame which is dedicated to Shimano shadow types only.
    In respect to the carbon guard I was planning to just space it out as necessary.

Crag
    Free Member

Thanks for the posts guys, even if I am none the wiser. I suppose I’ll just to have to give it a go. Whats the worst that could happen!

honourablegeorge

The carbon guide clips my short cage X9, just enough to prevent it getting into 10th gear. Would need quite a bit of spacing (and probably longer bolts) for it to clear, I took it off.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘One for the Zesty owners – can I use a non-shadow rear mech??’ is closed to new replies.