Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • One for the women – ground effect shorts
  • dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Having tried both the daddy long legs and witches britches from Ground Effect, I’m toying with the idea of ordering some of their shorts (can’t get my usual gore ones atm) The three i’m considering are the Mojos, jitterbugs and sirens. I can’t make up my mind between the three… Anyone on here tried any of them?

flowerpower
    Free Member

Jitterbugs here.

Have used groundeffect for years, it just seems to fit and nothing has ever fallen apart on me (still have 10yr old shorts) 😳

Bought my Jitterbugs about 4 years ago (2 pairs) and they have been great, although mainly worn under tom thumbs. The pad and construction seem good enough for general riding. That said I have to admit to investing in a couple of pairs of roadie bib shorts for my recent road jaunt (LEJOG) last year. I haven’t tried the more expensive ones.

EDIT: When I bought the Jitterbugs they were the more expensive pair, taking over from a pair with single foam pad. I hope that they haven’t been ‘down graded’ in any way as the other two lines are now more expensive 😕

thomthumb
    Free Member

although mainly worn under tom thumbs.

eh?

flowerpower
    Free Member

You didn’t feel them? Sheesh! 🙄

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Mine will be used mostly for road riding/racing, the odd xc race, plus long distance touring.

It is the change in pad thats complicated matters – the new pad in the Siren sounds good. “The new eXo pad in the Sirens has 3D padding on both the inside and outside – more cushioning but with less bulk. More critically the pad and shorts’ outer fabric are laminated together as a single layer for increased precision, with minimal movement between the fabrics and your saddle.”

I like the sound of less movement between fabric and saddle, and more cushioning but less bulk also sounds good… But then the pad in the witches britches is comfy and minimal.

I know clareymorris has some ground effect kit but haven’t seen her on the forum for yonks?

mustard
    Free Member

I hope that they haven’t been ‘down graded’

I don’t think that’s GE’s style just they’ve developed a couple of new lines that slot in above.

They don’t seem to do change for changes sake either which I like.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘One for the women – ground effect shorts’ is closed to new replies.