Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • One for the STW photography experts – book recommendation
  • woody2000

I’m looking for a “beginners” photography book, something that will help me understand the basics; shutter speed, aperture, ISO, filters etc etc. I only really use digital cameras, but I suppose the medium doesn’t matter too much when its at this level? Anyway, something to give me a foundation so I can build from there really. Any recommendations gratefully received, thanks.

ski
    Free Member

Woody, this one is worth looking at:

Langford

Michael Langford – Basically photography

ski
    Free Member

Might still have a copy if you want to borrow it?

conkerman
    Free Member

There are some good starter guides on t’internet. I will see what I can find.

Conks

GrahamS

There is a pretty good free photography course by Jodie Coston on morguefile.com that covers the basics pretty well.

woody2000

Thanks all. Ski – that’s very generous of you, sure you don’t just want to sell it to me? 🙂

ski
    Free Member

Drop me an email woody, will have to double check I still have a copy though.

bobnobski

at

gmail

dot

com

woody2000

Ski – YGM, cheers

ski
    Free Member

Woody – ygm

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Understanding Exposure – do a search on Amazon for it 😉

Very good at going through all the technical concepts IMO.

CHB

Woody, I live in south leeds and have a few books you could borrow if you wanted.

dooge
    Free Member

To add to the list, Tom Ang has done alot of decent, clear and precise beginners books.

oxnop
    Free Member

Digital photography by Mike Hemsley is a good starting point. Big hardback book with clear instructions and does not get bogged down in details & only costs 7 quid.

If you start messing around with photoshop get Photoshop pro photography handbook by Chris Weston & Adam Juniper which is ace.

woody2000

Ski – have mailed you again, hopefully you’ve got it, please post on here if you don’t. Ta

CHB – I may just take you up on that, but going to take it one book at a time for now 🙂

Thanks all 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘One for the STW photography experts – book recommendation’ is closed to new replies.