Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • One for the Strava geeks…………….
  • tom200

http://www.veloviewer.com just stumbled across this and was astounded by the level of strava geekines available. Beats the crap out of a premium membership. The best feature by far is the open cycle map with segment overlay, just the job for hunting out the allusive trails in the woods.

bartimaeus
    Free Member

There is also a ‘bookmarklet‘ which will allow you to use different maps with Veloviewer – including OS 1:25,000… but my favourite feature is the 3D ride mapping.

theflatboy
    Free Member

My activities are only picked up on that up to the start of November last year… refreshing doesn’t update beyond that. Any ideas, anyone?

edit – it’s ok, found it. i needed to click on my user icon and select update, it’s pulled in all my more recent rides as well.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kcal

yep, astounding functionality..

cookeaa

Does it carry over privacy settings/zones from your Strava account?

Haze

Veloviewer scores?

97.3…

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

From 52 of 206 segments.
    Maximum possible score: 98.05

freeridenick
    Free Member

the map overlay is great…thanks. been looking for something like this..

oldejeans
    Free Member

treaclesponge
    Free Member

From 100 of 598 segments
    Max score 99.82

Haze

timmys

That Veloviewer score discards downhill segments, so only really any good for road types (apologies if that was obvious to everyone already).

jam-bo

OS map overlay widget is great. works on the explore segments pages as well so handy for working out where segments are on the ground.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Top score: 99.96

kcal

VV (or should that be ww score) 86.71 max 95.25 not a lot of traffic / competition round here though!

steve_b77
    Free Member

VV Score: 98.73
    100 out of 1,623 segments
    Max score: 99.69

anc
    Free Member

legolam
    Free Member

zangolin
    Free Member

steve_b77
    Free Member

How do you get those little summary charts?

kcal

“Signature Image” menu item – 6th item along the Veloviewer toolbar.
    http://veloviewer.com/athlete/athlete_number/signature

clubber
    Free Member

Thanks OP for sharing. So I’m wondering why Strava are ok with sharing their data with veloviewer given that it seems to cut across what they offer with premium membership.

LS
    Free Member

Oh sod it, can’t seem to link mine. 99.62 anyway!

steve_b77
    Free Member

jam-bo

Thanks OP for sharing. So I’m wondering why Strava are ok with sharing their data with veloviewer given that it seems to cut across what they offer with premium membership.

strava have an API, what talented programmers do with it is up to them.

i think strava employed the guy who used to run raceshape.

clubber
    Free Member

I can understand the technical side of it, just surprised that they allow it. It really is great though and I already feel better about my lack of riding so far this year as I can see that I’m not actually far behind what I did last year…

kcal

as I understand it, there are guidelines at to what the API guys can do with it.. the raceshape bit doesn’t surprise me..

tom200

What jam Bo said, the heatmaps feature available to premium stravarers (or whatever the correct collective term for people who use strava is!)
    started life like this. It’s a shame about the downhill thing as those are the only bits I score well on!

mattbibbings
    Free Member

And I thought I was doing well with 83.58 out if possible 99.67. I have only been through 164 segments ever though. I couldn’t tell you where any start/finish in real life. I guess that may change now though. Give it time.

Blackhound

I can’t get over 40, stay in the 38/39 range! Maybe in summer when I have my light weight road bike in use I might smash that particular ceiling.

grtdkad

The analyst in me loves it!

Apparently my VeloViewer Score is 80.64 from 33 of 130 segments

Maximum possible score: 98.04

Again, unfortunately while I have about 20KOMs, most of them are descents!

benji
    Free Member

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘One for the Strava geeks…………….’ is closed to new replies.