Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • One for the metal fans….
  • Stoner
    Free Member

I’ll confess that Metal passed me by. But oddly enough, a drinking buddy of my dad* and me is a chap called Steve “Krusher” Joule and he is Very Metal.

He’s also just published a kindle book which might be of interest to some of you, much as a book on sheds and axes might interest me.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071KFSLLH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_dp_T2_xFVqzb8F5Z2QB

When the kings of metal, Black Sabbath, went on their greatest tour, Stephen “Krusher” Joule went with them. He was the DJ, MC, photographer and bands confidante as Sabbath, Slayer, Slipknot, Rob Zombie and other giants of rock blazed loud across the United States. It was Sabbath’s finest hour, documented here in words and over a thousand pictures from on stage, back stage, and inside the dressing rooms. Now Sabbath are no more, After Forever records what they were in the most insightful, intimate story of sex, drugs and rock ‘n’ roll ever written. These are the stories that have never been told. These are the pictures that have never been seen.

Krusher has written about the ’99 tour. There are something like 1,000 photos. Much back stage, some a bit noodie, none of them ever seen before. And his stories are immense.

He was the art director at Kerrang! for 10 yrs, designed loads of band and album artwork including the worst album cover ever conceived:

He now lives in ruralshire producing freaky Easter cards for his fans on facebook.

* right odd couple. Steve has long hair and beard and silver skull rings. Dad wears mustard cords and a cravat. They’re huge mates! It’s the weirdest thing you ever did see.

Not my dad:

garage-dweller

Is he the same Krusher that used to present Raw Power on ITV?

If show his usual show greeting of…

“Droogies, Boozers, Strumpets and Losers”

Will stay with me to my dying day. Something about the line and the voice combined.

Edit. Google tells me it is. Very interesting and entertaining guy from what I remember of his broadcasting. If I had a Kindle I might even buy the book!

Northwind

“Welcome once more, to the Kosmos! Hope you’re havin one out there, because me an Bullseye are certainly having one in ere”

And what does Krusher have in common with our own Chipps? Facebook wouldn’t recognise it as his name

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyifZ-3Gj-w[/video]

WillH

Raw Power! That brings back some memories. Used to watch that with my dad when I was in my early teens.

Will have to buy the kindle book for my dad now. Good shout!

Stoner
    Free Member

In 1994 [Raw Power!] changed its name to ‘Noisy Mothers’ a name which Krusher hated, always believing it should have been called ‘Watch with Mother******’

Krusher’s bio
    http://www.krusher.co.uk/biography.php

durhambiker
    Free Member

Well that brings back memories. Met Krusher when I was living in Wales a few years back. A mate of mine died, and turns out Krusher was his brother so he was up for the funeral. Great guy, shame to meet under those particular circumstances.

nedrapier

I used to record Noisy Mothers and watch it the next day – on late on a school night, FF through the adverts and dross (there was some!). A lot of good stuff on there though, that show was the introduction to a lot of bands for me.

Please thank Krusher for the music next time you see him!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

what ned said up there- krusher was ace and introduced teenage me to loads of great heavy music!

mps711
    Free Member

That’s a name from the past, I used to listen to his rock show on one of the London radio stations probably about 30 years ago, got me into some great rock and metal.

When I started reading this thread I thought it was going to be an RIP, glad to hear he’s still going strong:)

Stoner
    Free Member

racefaceec90

garage-dweller

Stoner thanks that’s added a little smile to my day, hope you’re all enjoying your beer. 🙂

mikey74
    Free Member

Some friends of mine are still friends with him. Seems like a nice guys.

As above, I used to religiously watch Raw Power, Noisy Mothers etc etc. It’s a real shame we don’t have anything like that any more, although I guess the internet has taken over that role.

Stoner
    Free Member

Friday lunchtime pint with dad and Krusher always a pleasant break in the day.

You wouldn’t believe the cut amazon take from sales, all the more larger because it’s a huge filesize thanks to all the photos.

nedrapier

That’s awesome – big smile on my face to head out of the office with! I’m going to stick Soundgarden on for the trip home.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i don’t wish to ruin anyone’s day here, but since i was reminded of their existence whilst reminiscing i felt it was only fair to bring them up here… but do any of you lot remember the bailey brothers?! what a pair of utter turds they were! are they mates with anyone here’s dads?!

Cougar

Is he the same Krusher that used to present Raw Power on ITV?

Bah, I was into it when it was the Power Hour. (-:

Great thread, I was only wondering last week whatever happened to Krusher. Popped into my head when I heard Phil Alexander presenting on Planet Rock radio.

Stoner, would you mind if I reposted that photo onto Facebook?

Stoner
    Free Member

no problem. see if you can FB krusher’s page if you like

WillH

Cool pic, cheers Stoner!

Stoner
    Free Member

bit of fun eh? 😉

CountZero

That’s the period of heavy rock that passed me by, I started with Zeppelin, Sabbath, Purple, etc in the early 70’s, and I’d pretty much grown away from it by then, gone through punk, post-punk, new wave, grunge, Indy, etc.
    That book does look fascinating, though, so I might well check it out.
    Thanks for the tip, it’s good to see there are people still keeping the faith (no more).

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Fascinating oddball friendship by looks/sounds/on the face of it, how did they become such good friends?.

Stoner
    Free Member

the power of a good local pub and people not being boring really.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘One for the metal fans….’ is closed to new replies.