Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • One for the audiophiles…
  • Torminalis
    Free Member

Just found this, very interesting…

So you think your ears are good?

I suppose it will depend largely on the quality of your equipment (ears included) as to whether you can discern the difference but I thought this was an excellent idea. Post up your results.

DezB
    Free Member

So you think your ears are good?

Well the audiophiles will tell you it’s their equipment that is good, not their ears. Even if they couldn’t tell the difference, they would LIE!! 😈

(I certainly can’t tell the difference with my cruddy iPod headphones)

DezB
    Free Member

Huh, I knew they’d hide from this.
    If you asked them which amp to buy for £25000 they would’ve been all over this thread like a cheap merino baselayer

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Torminalis
    Free Member

If you asked them which amp to buy for £25000 they would’ve been all over this thread like a cheap merino baselayer

lol

andyl46
    Free Member

Gotta get back to work, but an interesting test. Headphones had to be used, wouldn’t trust my crap laptop speakers.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I’ll be honest I couldn’t really tell the difference on my desktop speakers, but I’m a bit puzzled by this. The site is called mp3ornot yet it is comparing 2 MP3 files, albeit with different bit rates. They’re all MP3s. Do I win??

Torminalis
    Free Member

If you are after the award for pedantry then yes, you do!

DezB
    Free Member

I think the domain name canyoutellthedifferencebetweentwomp3sofdifferentbitrates.com was already taken.

martymac

i tried 8 times, only got it right once.
    im surprised tbh, i can tell the difference on my dab radio easily between stations using a high or low bitrate.

5lab

to be fair – all dab bitrates are at or below 192kbps – so you’re probably comparing 64kbps to 192kbps, where I’d say there’s a much bigger difference than 128 to 320

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘One for the audiophiles…’ is closed to new replies.