Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 133 total)
  • One down, a few more to go….
  • RudeBoy
    Free Member

JulianA
    Free Member

cleaning out the Augean Stables

Perhaps he should divert the Thames through the House Of Commons?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

can you imagine the amount of Claret and Brandy that would put into the sea? We’d have to have ABV% on fish and chips.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

JulianA – Member

cleaning out the Augean Stables

Perhaps he should divert the Thames through the House Of Commons?

On an outgoing tide, please, would rather not have the stench over my part of the world.

JulianA
    Free Member

That would make going for a swim a rather hazardous activity!

On another note, RB can be an incredibly boring tool sometimes, can’t he…

Stoner
    Free Member

RB can be an incredibly boring tool sometimes

quite the understatement.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Former Health Secretary Patricia Hewitt is to stand down as an MP at the next election but has said the move has nothing to do with the expenses furore.

The Labour MP for Leicester West was health secretary during Tony Blair’s latter years as PM. She said she wanted to spend more time with her family.

The Daily Telegraph, which has obtained the details of all MPs’ expenses for the past four years, has not published any details of Ms Hewitt’s claims.
    Yet……

This really is car crash politics.

Stoner
    Free Member

Ive seen written somewhere that The Telegraph havent released anything on Patsy yet…could be fun tomorrow! 🙂

Do you think she registered her House as her primary residence and her caravan as her second home so she could get the tax payer to pay for pimpy net curtains, a gold plated porta-potty and a lifetime membership of the Caravan Club on expenses? 🙂

JulianA
    Free Member

I have just murdered someone and will be leaving the country, but only because I want to, not to escape justice. I was going anyway…

nickc

The Fun only starts when they start on the Vicars/Tarts in the Other Place.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

JulianA – Member
    I have just murdered someone and will be leaving the country, but only because I want to, not to escape justice. I was going anyway…

To “spend more time with your family”, I assume?

JulianA
    Free Member

Naturally, my dear chap, why else would I go?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

…and of course these murders were within the rules anyway

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cheesyfeet – Member

…and of course these murders were within the rules anyway

and, because you’d have done nothing wrong, you would donate blood to the victims, just for the avoidance of doubt.

ransos
    Free Member

There was a time when I cared about this sort of stuff. But all that happens now is that one mediocre sound-bite politician is replaced by another. Come this time next year, those in charge will have posher accents but I’m not convinced we’ll notice much other difference.

Sandwich

If it all goes wrong too quickly there is a danger the next incumbents will do nothing. El Gordo needs to get this right to ensure the necessary reforms are in place before the next election.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Come this time next year, those in charge will have posher accents but I’m not convinced we’ll notice much other difference.

Should be quite good fun here though.

There seem to be big rumours that Balls is going to get one of either of the big two positions…it’ll be like shooting fish in a barrel for the tories. I would assume they’re licking their lips at the thought.

I am not even an avid listener to PMQ’s any more – if it was a boxing match the ref would have stopped it after the first few rounds. I’m not sure, were I a true blue, I’d even find it entertaining…far too easy for Cameron. No doubt Brown and his cabinet are in a tailspin with only one outcome now…a big old crash.

In the meantime, the bankers must be laughing…everybody’s forgotten about them!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

It for sure is getting interesting. If all who have been immoral if not illegal have to stand down then there will be hundreds of new mps – most of the house probably. gonna be hard to find clean hands especially for the tories. There are a fair few clean hands amongst labour and I guess a few among the tories but the front benches of both are going to be badly depleted.

Only firm action will restore public confidence – mass sackings and by elections, criminal prosecutions and so on.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

With Darling and Smith going, isn’t this the start of Brown’s re-arrangement of the Cabinet to replace all the swelf interesting money-grabbing incompetents with a new generation of simply honest hard working individuals who regard public service as a privilege, not just a money grabbing opportunity?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA – sometimes I crack me up, I really do

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Bo…

No, sorry.

I’ll be a good boy today…

jimster
    Free Member

T’is abit like watching a car crash isn’t it.

Bet they’re all sat there now wondering who’ll be next.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Blears gone – and I really hope we’ve seen the last of that smug, self-satisfied, loathsome little creature.

G
    Free Member

Scratching my head a tad over Dr Ian Gibson, by all accounts a very good constituency MP and with considerable support from his local party. The buzz is that he crticised the leadership once too often for his own good.

Mind you he represents Norwich, and who knows what people think up there….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I am not even an avid listener to PMQ’s any more – if it was a boxing match the ref would have stopped it after the first few rounds.

Part of me is slightly sorry for Brown now, as he so desperately wanted this job, only to find out that he’s utterly rubbish at it. I agree, however, PMQs has become an unpleasant spectacle. There’s no joy in seeing his suffering.

I see that Blears has now gone as well. Would the last one out of the cabinet, please turn out the lights?

tyger
    Free Member

No no no!!

Incapable, untrustworthy, non accountable rubbish PM we’ve ever had – and he’s Scottish, just like the Speaker, Darling etc. etc. I just wish they’d crawl back into whatever hole they came out of.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

tyger, I mean as a person, not as a politician.

Stoner
    Free Member

and he’s Scottish, just like the Speaker, Darling etc. etc. I just wish they’d crawl back into whatever hole they came out of.

Steady on.

Apart from the West Lothian question there’s nothing wrong with having a Scottish PM or Chancellor of the UK government.

Having incompetent shites running the country, that’s a different matter…

ransos
    Free Member

I don’t think anyone will shed tears over Blears’ departure. Poison dwarf personified.

crazy-legs

I agree with CFH, I actually feel quite sorry form Brown. he’s sat there for 10 years waiting for the job, it lands in his lap and suddenly – BANG! Everything starts going wrong and he’s utterly useless.

Doesn’t help that he’s surrounded by similar utterly useless scum either.

tyger
    Free Member

General Election!!

mrmo
    Free Member

so how long will Labour try to hang on? how long till Gordon is gone?

If the results tomorrow are as bad as predicted can he stay?

tyger
    Free Member

Who are these ‘Right Honorable Friends’ ?? Honorable – I don’t think so!!

Stoner
    Free Member

The coup will be announced on Monday IMO.

If we’re lucky we’ll have a General Election in september with a new labour leader begging for a mandate.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stoner – Member
    The coup will be announced on Monday IMO.

If Flint goes as well, it may be even sooner.

I’d love to be a fly on the wall at Chateau Brown this weekend….!

trailmonkey

General Election NOW. Let’s see Lord Snooty and his pals make a right balls up of it instead.

nickc

If there is a general Election this autumn, it’ll be like when the two least popular boys in the playground are left over when the football teams are chosen…

“Oh, I suppose we’ll have Cameron…you’ll have to be in goal though”

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

tyger, I mean as a person, not as a politician.

Neither. Apart from the unbeleiveable arrogance of “having ended the boom and bust” of normal economic cycles, he’s then tried to jump on every bandwagon conceivable – the fat ugly bird from big brother, the ugly bird from the singing programme, whilst all the time failing utterly to do anything about the mess he created due to his completely inept handing first of the economy, then of everything else. Totaslly summed up by the fred Godwin affair – “this government doesn’t reward failure ” I believe are the words ringing in Sir Fred’s ears as he struggles to cope with a £750k pension and gets to keep his knighthood.

Sub Prime Minister indeed.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘One down, a few more to go….’ is closed to new replies.