Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • One by ten
  • J273
    Free Member

Finally decided to ditch my 9 speed gear and go 10 speed and using the 9 speed on my other build i plan.

Thinking of going 1×10 to start with to see how i get on and if i need the extra gearing switch to 2×10

I currently run 11-34 cassette and 24 – 36 chainrings which gets me up and across most things even though i hardly use the 24 ring.

Id like to have similar gearing to the above with the 10 speed – only reason im switching is ive found a good deal on the kit.

What front ring size should i be looking at and cassette to match my 9 speed above?

Many thanks

chrisdw
    Free Member

32 chainrings and 11-36 cassette. Seems to cover most things

mindmap3
    Free Member

I run a 34 tooth ring with an 11-36 cassette and can get up most stuff. A 32 tooth ring does seem pretty popular though.

danielgroves
    Free Member

I run 35 tooth front ring with 11-36 cassette. Never had an issue with getting up anything.

rj
    Free Member

36T and 11-36. I more often miss the harder gears than the granny.

rOcKeTdOg

32-11:36 on a 29er, coulda done with a granny to clear the climbs at mayhem though, but for local stuff it gets me up anything

clubber
    Free Member

I’m very unfit and found 11-36 with a 34 fine on my 29er for a weekend’s riding even though I was concerned I’d struggle. YMMV of course but if I was fitting it to a 26″ bike, I’d be using a 36 up front.

tootallpaul

Does anyone sell a 1*10 kit? Like Merlin etc sell group sets?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘One by ten’ is closed to new replies.